Terms
Advertise   Support WW    Contact   

Status
    Liked
    1040 times
    a buddy of mine is using sunshine #4 and asked me what he should mix the ph of his feed at

Im a big fan of rockwool and never used any of the soil less mixes

any help would be appreciated
    this place could have been cool - now its just another revenue stream - peace out!

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    Belize
    Liked
    12822 times
    Same here J,

Rockwool or rootriot.

for me.

peace,

Dublin.

Is it 420 Yet?
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    3984 times
    I use promix with a bunch of added stuff, and I haven't checked my ph in quite a while. When I grow outside I never pay attention to the ph, but inside I like it in the mid to low 6's and get toward the high 5's by the end of flower. Take care my friend and I hope all is well with you and yours

mal

Pollen ChuckR
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    3856 times
    I use the FFOF but Mal already nailed the question. Low 6s.
    SUB ROSA GARDENS

Status
    Liked
    1040 times
    thanks for all the replies so far

I figured it was more like dirt and would prefer to be about 6.2

Like the tip about lowering the ph to the high 5s for flower

peace
    this place could have been cool - now its just another revenue stream - peace out!

Pollen ChuckR
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    3856 times
    Dont forget to check your run-off PH.. I bought a bad batch of FFOF a few months back.. Usually had good experiences with it being PH'd close to 7 but this batch was soooo acidic and in the high 3s, low 4s and I stupidly, didnt check my run-off of this batch and started getting major probs. Seeing as I was running mainly new strains at the time I thought I just wasnt feeding them enough.. (I usually feed lite and work my way up with new strains) They werent growing for shit and must not of been getting any nutes cuz they started to yellow and werent looking very good.. I decided to run 7 PH'd water thru em and it when it came out it was in the low 5s!! Ahhhhhh! Flushed em good and gave em 1/4 strenght nutes and they bounced right out of it! Huge difference in just 24-48 hrs. Fed em again in afew days cuz they were too big for the 1/4 strength and just worked my way up again. Now I always remember to check run-off PH.. Hope this helps someone. Long post Lol! Take care J - PDX
    SUB ROSA GARDENS

Surviving the Game
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    3871 times
    Combine it with another soil with good ingredients in layers.

Status
    Liked
    1040 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PDX420Grower View Post
    Dont forget to check your run-off PH.. I bought a bad batch of FFOF a few months back.. Usually had good experiences with it being PH'd close to 7 but this batch was soooo acidic and in the high 3s, low 4s and I stupidly, didnt check my run-off of this batch and started getting major probs. Seeing as I was running mainly new strains at the time I thought I just wasnt feeding them enough.. (I usually feed lite and work my way up with new strains) They werent growing for shit and must not of been getting any nutes cuz they started to yellow and werent looking very good.. I decided to run 7 PH'd water thru em and it when it came out it was in the low 5s!! Ahhhhhh! Flushed em good and gave em 1/4 strenght nutes and they bounced right out of it! Huge difference in just 24-48 hrs. Fed em again in afew days cuz they were too big for the 1/4 strength and just worked my way up again. Now I always remember to check run-off PH.. Hope this helps someone. Long post Lol! Take care J - PDX
    right on bro, had him check the runoff and it was pretty low and the ec was over what his blue lab truncheon reads

he flushed with 1/4 strength nutes until the ph came out at 6.2 and ec was 1.2

then added some dark energy amino on the last round of flush and they are looking much better now

another buddy of mine mentioned that the moss gets acidic as the water/nutes are used up

thanks for the tip

peace

J