Advertise   Support WW    Contact   
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ethics ??

Status
    Country
    Spain
    Liked
    125 times
    if you TRADE genetics with a "friend", at that point that specific strains becaomes yours??
    You can do as you please with it???

Breeder
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    316 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs_rare_dankness View Post
    if you TRADE genetics with a "friend", at that point that specific strains becaomes yours??
    I'll play. TRADE implies an exchange of like value. I would then have ownership of,and the rights that go with ownership.

If you are given a cut from a 'friend' who asks that it not be passed out?

frequent inhaler
    Status
    Liked
    1658 times
    unless there were conditions set forth at the the time of the transfer, yes, they are now the new owners to use as they see fit...short of claiming them as their own handiwork. an effort to record the origin along with the linage should be a priority of the new keeper of the genes.
    “When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
    ― John Lennon

CannaManiac / Tester
    Status
    Country
    Poland
    Liked
    2314 times
    ahhh the timeless question...

this is how i feel about this. if you trade with someone, the beans are yours to grow, and smoke, and even make more beans for personal use... but i feel if you plan on making any crosses, or use it in breeding then you need to let the person know before-hand or obtain their permission to use it in that manner. AND if permission is given, then DEF give credit where credit is due....
    (((theduns)))
    CURRENTLY TESTING= Illuminati Seeds "Tootsie Roll", Illuminati Seeds "Wife Beater", Motarebel's Orange Diesel x LBL, Sub Rosa Gardens "Reptilian OG", Loompas "Moondawg" F2, MOIO's CrazyHaze x Banana Bubba OG & CrazyHaze x Trinity OG

OG/TSD Refugee
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    3189 times
    I must say I like all of the above statement and this is a good conversation piece.

I agree with both BP and Duns. It's all a matter of opinion honestly.

Ethically you should really only have to ask permission to breed with said cut if you are intending on only furthering the F-Generations or making backcrosses, NOT outcrosses. Or at least that is my feeling.

Thanks for sparking this conversation Mrs. Rare Dankness.

Peace,
    Hippie
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." Hunter S. Thompson
    Overgrow Original | Sp3cialSt3v3420 | 2001 - 2006 | Overgrow The World
    TSD OG 2011-2013 | Hippie420 | Former Forums Manager

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    987 times
    I agree completely with Mrs. Rare Dankness... When I share or gift something there is no strings attached. Now sharing isn't to be confused with testing for a seed company or something in that nature for obvious reasons. Short of that is fair game... At least that way when it is shared or regifted again no one can get disappointed.

Dankness
    Last edited by Dankness; 07-08-2012 at 06:31 PM.

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    388 times
    Once you pass the genetics. Its all fair game. That's the inherent risk associated with sharing.
    'friends' have fucked friends since the beginning of man (I can only imagine this is true)
    I also know people/'friends' who wouldn't hesitate to call it their own....

If it's a close friend, I agree with Hippie and theDuns, they should ask and then give you credit, especially if they are going to release that strain (cuttings or 'worked' seeds). If its just F1's and more hybrids, I would hope your 'friend' would at least approach/inform you about their work.

If it's just a 'friend', eh,...shouldn't of traded it to begin with.

Wall Street said it best - "If you are given a cut from a 'friend' who asks that it not be passed out"

edit.
    just remembered! the story of Matt Riot of Riot seeds!!! the perfect story for this. The fake ass story on his site is hilarious too...
    The MJ community will weed you out if you are shady/dirty, but, n00bs and people who don't do research will always fall for hype and support anyone.
    Last edited by sublime_buds; 07-08-2012 at 06:44 PM.
    Roll me up and smoke me when I die

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    984 times
    Great thread mrs rd. Good to see you contribute to WW. Spoken from a REAL breeder's mouth. I love you mrs rd.! You will come on here and answer any questions that someone has in a timely manner. I have never seen or heard one of your seed packs short. You are a fine example of a breeder.

If someone gives me a cut or beans and says dont give them out then I wouldnt. Always would ask a breeder if I could use their genetics before I made a cross that was for sale.
    Its about honor and respect. Their are alot of people that dont use this because they are dishonorable and disrespectful.
    Last edited by Budzillah; 07-09-2012 at 12:47 AM.

way up, way in, way out
    Status
    Liked
    1285 times
    Simply put, it all depends on the conditions of the trade. Those conditions can't be assumed. If you exchange cuts and ask that it not be bred or passed out, and one of those things happens, then it is in fact lame. But if those stipulations are assumed, then it's not really unethical. Cannabis breeding is not really established enough to have by the book assumptions about these types of things. To be fair the notion "well that's how I've always done it" can't be assumed for the other party.

outwest

Status
    Country
    Spain
    Liked
    125 times
    So you trade genetics. TRADE... you gave & you got. A trade between 2 breeders.
    Not just growers , but breeders.

The only "request" is not to give clones out. That's it.

So you do not... so is anything else fair game at this point?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast