Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ethics ??

usually at your moms but if not jacksbeanstock
    Status
    Country
    Jamaica
    Liked
    1414 times
    idk man depends on how picky ya are about keepers too....I say about 1 in 200 seeds I keep a cut to rework further from and really look at and maybe 1 seed in a thousand becomes a permanent mom for me..... again just my personal opinion....

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    366 times
    I'm looking for smell, taste, effect/potency, visual appeal and yield. I have been able to satisfy all of these qualities with certain breeders without having to sort through shitty phenos.

For instance the Sannies Sugar Punch, every pheno is a keeper. Green or purple totally covered in frosty goodness with a smell that will drive the meek out of a house and draw attention from blocks away without good filtration. All great yielders and either a great sweet skunky haze flavor or a grape-blueberry smell and taste with the purple.

Potent enough to give people blackouts...

I can see looking for extremely special shit for breeding but that's why you're the breeder and I'm the one that's going to buy your gear with an expectation to meet certain quality standards, if I buy 12 beans and get nothing that is what the labeling represents I would drop that breeder like he's hot..

I expect a mix of that special shit to show in what I buy.

Hell maybe I'm just not picky enough, but I've never smoked anything better than what I've been able to grow...

Status
    Country
    Jamaica
    Liked
    833 times
    Also define keeper. Good for a few runs or kept for life?
    Testing Alien Ballz Deep and Kats n Dogs for Sub Rosa

usually at your moms but if not jacksbeanstock
    Status
    Country
    Jamaica
    Liked
    1414 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
    Also define keeper. Good for a few runs or kept for life?

Quote Originally Posted by moio View Post
    idk man depends on how picky ya are about keepers too....I say about 1 in 200 seeds I keep a cut to rework further from and really look at and maybe 1 seed in a thousand becomes a permanent mom for me..... again just my personal opinion....

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    366 times
    I don't think I could do a lifer... I get bored with the same thing over and over. I like trying something new once in a while. Of course there are some that I wish I would've kept cuts from...

Status
    Country
    Spain
    Liked
    125 times
    Back to ethics?

What if someone had your seeds, grew someout, starting breeding with them, but changed the name of the genetics used. So yo
    So, you would not get any credit.

2. Back to original first post. What if breeder tried to make the original holder of said strain happy, to no avail?

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    Belize
    Liked
    12822 times
    Whats good mrs_rare_dankness,

on 1:

I myself think that is not the way the canna community should work,
    all credit should be given to the breeders of the strain used.

Along with a thank you for allowing the cut to be used.

on 2:

If there was a agrement that the breeder could use the cut for monetery gain.

Then the original holder should be very happy that other breeders are using their strain with consent.

Peace,

DSF.
    Last edited by Dublinskunkfiend; 02-13-2013 at 02:58 PM.

Status
    Country
    Jamaica
    Liked
    833 times
    I strongly disagree with #1. Not only does it confuse genetic lines but potential buyers of the seeds. The only way I can see this even being slightly copasetic is if the genetics in question were very raw and multipheno'd and the name changer did so after massive amounts of selection to create a more refined IBL. And they should STILL give credit in my opinion.

#2 I feel is determined by the previous arrangement between the two parties. The breeder should only be told to stop running the cut if they still refuse to give some sort of credit to the original holder or blatantly violate the original agreement. Because at the true end if the day, the more cannabis shared, the better off the world is. Just my humble opinion. I've never had a very valuable and rare cut though, to give or receive. That might give me a different perspective than the pros. Hope ya have a good one Ms. Dankness.

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    567 times
    I always thought about this, what if a clone/ nursery buy seeds from breeders and make their own clone and sell it under the breeder's name but use as their cut. Is that consider okay? Or they just just buy packs and grew out mothers and sell it under the breeders name but not as their cut. does it make any difference or both consider unethical.
    For every fight won
    For each battle lost
    For those still fighting
    I wear Clear

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234