Advertise   Support WW    Contact   
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    321 times
    Pisces Genetics ~ SoCal Master Kush

Seeds purchased from CannaCollective. Never had a problem mailing cash to dj. Whatever it takes to get the good shit. I haven't tried any Pisces Genetics gear yet. Not much of a fem seed guy, but I didn't hesitate very long in buying these. lol. I figure these are already 11 days old.

8612 001.jpg8612 002.jpg8612 003.jpg

85122 001.jpg

85122 002.jpg85122 003.jpg

85122 004.jpg85122 005.jpg

85122 006.jpg85122 007.jpg

As I took the pics I realized how they varied in size, so I numbered them afterward and took pic.
    85122 008.jpg
    Last edited by gladstoned; 08-06-2012 at 01:17 PM.

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    13943 times
    nice gladstoned and congrats on the order and the kill bill. Subbed for this one and funk on it.
    Funk Monk

what's cracking
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    1126 times
    very nice.....

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    321 times
    8912 013.jpg8912 014.jpg

They are starting to do something now. No. 1 is catching up to the Bodhi ~ Tiger's Milk. I started to take pics and I was thinking, wow, I sure hope #1 is a female!! lmao. Then I remembered - it is. lol. That is pretty cool. I know there must be a lot of people that would like a nice male of this Socal Master though.

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    13943 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gladstoned View Post
    8912 013.jpg8912 014.jpg

They are starting to do something now. No. 1 is catching up to the Bodhi ~ Tiger's Milk. I started to take pics and I was thinking, wow, I sure hope #1 is a female!! lmao. Then I remembered - it is. lol. That is pretty cool. I know there must be a lot of people that would like a nice male of this Socal Master though.
    1st of all, you never said anything bout Tiger's Milk. You SOB, trying to sneek shit past the Monk, you know Im a phene for the Gold Labels. LOL, I'm super stoked to see what Tigers drink in the Jungles of the UPPERS!!!!! Might squeeze some of these in soon, but now I can kick back and see the magik happen, funk em up gladstoned
    Funk Monk

ground up
    Status
    Liked
    1077 times
    Gladstoned

Not much worry with feminsed seed. Sort of an irrational, unfounded myth that continues to circulate.

Hope you don't mind a few words from the don Tom Hill

Yes let's discuss it further. First let's just drop the term feminization as it places too much importance on this one small side effect of what reversals bring to the table. In fact screw feminized seeds haha. What reversals bring to the table is that we can now utilize much more efficient techniques than previously with male female matings. Instead of half-sib family selection now we can utilize the pedigree method, or S1 progeny selection. It truly is a massive step forward on all counts. If you are a numbers guy, then surely you can grasp that our odds of success increase with selections among 100 outstanding females in comparison to 50 outstanding females coupled with 50 males that in comparison we know jack shit about as far as our pipe/scale/etc is concerned. This basic principle is true whether we are improving a line or creating a hybrid. As both a grower and a breeder I am a space/numbers monger, and I want to fill that space with things I can evaluate with my pipe, or scale, or etc. -T

It will limit this bullshit nonsensical phenotypic male selection the vast majority of folks are using now.

Folks will instead make selection that actually make sense.

It places no limits while at the same time providing some serious advantages and options that were previously off the table.

Yes, intensive inbreeding fixes traits, the good the bad and the ugly. Deleterious recessives need to be unmasked (homozygous) before they can be fully dealt with/culled. Skunk 1 is actually a good example of a line where they've been mostly purged. If they are not purged and instead masked, they will only resurfaced again later down the line.

let's say I have 10 outstanding females that I self to create 10 families to plug into a pedigree method type breeding program, and you have 5 coupled with 5 males that you plug into a full-sib family selection type program. Let's give ourselves 2-3 cycles of selection. 2 of my ten lines survive culling ranking highest and are then bulked. You do the same %wise, and one of your 5 lines survive your program. Not only will the selfing program produce a higher rate of homogeneity but while you were masking deleterious recessives to resurface at a later date, I was purging them from the population.

Recombination still ocurrs with the technique (unless all loci are fixed) so that is not true. The ten individuals in the above example I began with could have been the offspring obtained from selfing a single individual (elite clone).

What I see a lot of is breeders poddy-mouthing these techniques with all kind of crap about it creating intersex individuals so what do they do. They instead go off on some backcrossing program often 3 consecutive backcrosses using the elite clone as the recurrent parent and where does that bring them? <To the exact same place a single cycle of selfing would have brought them - intersex plants and all, lol. At least with the selfing, we could have actually made some improvements while we were pissing around.
    -Tom

Props on the fem Pisces fire! He breeds keepers
    Last edited by builtaforest; 08-09-2012 at 07:23 PM.

what's cracking
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    1126 times

Is it 420 Yet?
    Status
    Country
    Jamaica
    Liked
    720 times
    I'm subbed Glad. Best of luck with these girls. ^^^^^^ Big ups Built for adding the quote from Mr. Hill. Great stuff guys. State.

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    321 times
    O.K. Here are the three Tiger's Milk. lol. I have Goji OG, Tiger's MIlk, Black Triangle, Sunshine Daydream, Sunshine #3 and Temple. Sounds like a Bodhi thread would work on Weed Watch also. lol.
    Anyway make to the SoCal. When I got to number #2 I was thinking Oh Fuck!!! That looks like mites to me, making it wilt like that. I have a portable digital microscope from Amazon that is really a piece of shit. But I was searching all over that little fucker looking for any signs, then I realized that I was really hurting the seedling bending that fucker in every direction. At that moment I thought It was like I had #2 tied up in a chair and was "making it talk". Fuck it's been a few months and I got mighty wash and hit everything several times. I bought 5-gal jugs of that shit. It said to spray once every 5 days for 3 times. I sprayed every three days for 5 times and haven't seen any signs for a good two months. That seedling scared the shit out of me though. I mighty washed everything in my veg room, just in case. I didn't see any mites or shit though. I took the time and went through my bud room real good too. Don't see anything, but I have PTSD from those motherfuckers. Anyway I'll give #2 some time to get it's shit together. If it wants to play doctor's office and shit I will replace it with a Cheese Master no problem. lol.

89122 001.jpg89122 002.jpg89122 005.jpg89122 003.jpg89122 004.jpg

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    321 times
    lmao. Those pics were from this morning after my first post. I just looked at them and thought that #2 looked a lot rougher than I remembered. lol. I just went down and checked and it looks ok.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast