Terms
Advertise   Support WW    Contact   
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    321 times
    Well #2 and 3 are looking just awful. I would toss them if I didn't want these so bad. lol. I have others going in same bag of soil that are starting to burn also. I haven't given them anything but food, pretty sure. Mixed some great white last week. I am gonna mix a homeless special of coco and seed starter tomorrow and try to repot these and save them. I better do something about the cheese master also. Don't want anything but good for that cheese master. 824122 014.jpg824122 015.jpg824122 016.jpg824122 017.jpg824122 018.jpg824122 019.jpg824122 020.jpg824122 023.jpg

ground up
    Status
    Liked
    1077 times
    What medium currently?

What are you feeding and how high?

Ph?

We got this

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    321 times
    Fox Farm Ocean Forest as medium. I have only given them water.

what's cracking
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    1126 times
    what is your ph ?
    Last edited by taaldow; 08-25-2012 at 04:59 AM.

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    321 times
    Never checked ph for soil plants before. I will check in morning.

ground up
    Status
    Liked
    1077 times
    If you have a ph meter, what we're looking for is the final measurement before feeding.

Although Ocean Forest is technically organic, I'd still err on the safe side and always make sure the ph ~6.2-6.3 after adding all nutes, etc.

Also, for seedlings, I've always liked the classic 1:1 Light Warrior:Ocean Forest mix. Works great up til about gallon pots and then you can up-pot into straight ocean forest for flower nutrition.

If anything, ph is looking to be higher than fashionable. I like to flush with some 5.5 ph'd water or so if its high here.

No need for soil ph meter

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    321 times
    Quote Originally Posted by builtaforest View Post
    If you have a ph meter, what we're looking for is the final measurement before feeding.

Although Ocean Forest is technically organic, I'd still err on the safe side and always make sure the ph ~6.2-6.3 after adding all nutes, etc.

Also, for seedlings, I've always liked the classic 1:1 Light Warrior:Ocean Forest mix. Works great up til about gallon pots and then you can up-pot into straight ocean forest for flower nutrition.

If anything, ph is looking to be higher than fashionable. I like to flush with some 5.5 ph'd water or so if its high here.

No need for soil ph meter
    I do not have soil ph meter. I do have Oakton ph and ppm pens. I know soil water is usually ph'd at 6.2 - I've just NEVER done it. lol. I guess that is nothing to laugh at if my smaller plants are all screwed up right now. I have mixed with light warrior in the past, but grow shop hasn't had any in a while and last few rounds I everything went fine without it.

I have a seed starter 101 in the garage, I am going to mix that 1:1 with more OF and repot these. I will ph my water from here out also. Thank you for the advice. I will get it done this morning.

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    321 times
    Well you guys saved me a bunch of bullshit work today. I set up a few rubbermaid garbage cans on the casters for water barrels. I have an air rock going to both, just set this up maybe a week ago, again. I just went and checked the ph. It's 7.3!! In all seriousness, I have checked my water often, never had a problem. Had you guys not suggested it, it wouldn't have gotten done. I have an RO filter and don't use it cuz my water here is so good (was, lol). I will need to keep my water barrels by my hydro res so I check that shit all the time.
    I use fox farm nutes for soil and general hydroponics for hydro. Literally 2 days ago my ph balanced Advanced nutrients arrived, I told my ph pen it may be getting laid off. Fucker went and picked up another shift on me.
    Thank You Weed Watch!!

ground up
    Status
    Liked
    1077 times
    Great fuckin shit gs!

You really gotta live by those meters bro, in due time your measurements will become instinct but what's an extra minute of work just.makin sure.you're on the A game homie.

I have similar water. No filters for me. Not down for wasting 3-4 times of prrfectly good water to feed my plants.

Main goal is to just cut down the ocean f a little so the.seed starter is perfect.

You got this

A game

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    321 times
    Thank you.
    I will take the time and ph my water everyday. I already check my rez. for hydro set-up. It was just locked in my brain that my water was good. (aw, stupid brain.) I don't like repeating mistakes, cuz you can never get better repeating mistakes. I am gonna try and not repot all these and then cut my OF in future or even find better soil, (or switch to soilless).
    I just let the dogs out and went down and peeked on them. They are looking much better - in 1 day!!!!
    I will get pictures taken later and post them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast