Terms
Advertise   Support WW    Contact   
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    1965 times
    Thanks gladstone for rocking these. Have some in the mail right now coming this way. Will watch quietly while you unfold the funk and make these ladies explode. Been after scmk for a long time and I'm sure jimmy did it right. Be more then happy to do the smoke report bro. lol

Can't wait to see the Bodhi strains also. Thanks for keeping the funk strong on ww.

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    321 times
    Thanks bro. OldLuck is good luck. You don't have to watch quietly. We need to noise to keep up alive! lol.

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    321 times
    Since I posted the first pics I kept hearing the Cheese Master bitching cuz she came in on first order. I love Cheese. Do a Cheese. Just try one! I had to make the voices stop. Well those voices anyway.
    001.jpg

ground up
    Status
    Liked
    1077 times
    Get those bad girls wet

Shot glass

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    321 times
    So I go and get a better camera to make the plants look better and a few of them start to look shitty. lol. I forgot to keep track of what pics are what. I will repost in a few days and do a better job. It is late. I also forgot to take a pic of our new little cheese master.
    81612 001.jpg81612 002.jpg81612 003.jpg81612 004.jpg81612 005.jpg81612 006.jpg81612 007.jpg81612 009.jpg81612 010.jpg81612 011.jpg

Looking at the pics. They look more twisted on the floor from one of the fans. I kept twisting it so leaves wouldn't flop up. It didn't dawn on me to move them for pics, or maybe just shut fan off for a minute. lmao.
    Last edited by gladstoned; 08-17-2012 at 04:49 AM.

Ameri-canna
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    3991 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gladstoned View Post
    So I go and get a better camera to make the plants look better and a few of them start to look shitty. lol. I forgot to keep track of what pics are what. I will repost in a few days and do a better job. It is late. I also forgot to take a pic of our new little cheese master.
    81612 001.jpg81612 002.jpg81612 003.jpg81612 004.jpg81612 005.jpg81612 006.jpg81612 007.jpg81612 009.jpg81612 010.jpg81612 011.jpg

Looking at the pics. They look more twisted on the floor from one of the fans. I kept twisting it so leaves wouldn't flop up. It didn't dawn on me to move them for pics, or maybe just shut fan off for a minute. lmao.
    Nice, gladstoned!

Innit funny how ridiculously easy solutions can escape us just long enough to make us feel stoooooooooooopid? Like tearing the house apart looking for the glasses we're wearing...... It's a good thing I'm immune from the effects of MY medication.

Ameri-canna
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    3991 times
    I'd give you karma for that post if I could, BaF. Thank you for the edification.

Ameri-canna
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    3991 times
    This was the edifying post, BaF:

Quote Originally Posted by builtaforest View Post
    Gladstoned

Not much worry with feminsed seed. Sort of an irrational, unfounded myth that continues to circulate.

Hope you don't mind a few words from the don Tom Hill

Yes let's discuss it further. First let's just drop the term feminization as it places too much importance on this one small side effect of what reversals bring to the table. In fact screw feminized seeds haha. What reversals bring to the table is that we can now utilize much more efficient techniques than previously with male female matings. Instead of half-sib family selection now we can utilize the pedigree method, or S1 progeny selection. It truly is a massive step forward on all counts. If you are a numbers guy, then surely you can grasp that our odds of success increase with selections among 100 outstanding females in comparison to 50 outstanding females coupled with 50 males that in comparison we know jack shit about as far as our pipe/scale/etc is concerned. This basic principle is true whether we are improving a line or creating a hybrid. As both a grower and a breeder I am a space/numbers monger, and I want to fill that space with things I can evaluate with my pipe, or scale, or etc. -T

It will limit this bullshit nonsensical phenotypic male selection the vast majority of folks are using now.

Folks will instead make selection that actually make sense.

It places no limits while at the same time providing some serious advantages and options that were previously off the table.

Yes, intensive inbreeding fixes traits, the good the bad and the ugly. Deleterious recessives need to be unmasked (homozygous) before they can be fully dealt with/culled. Skunk 1 is actually a good example of a line where they've been mostly purged. If they are not purged and instead masked, they will only resurfaced again later down the line.

let's say I have 10 outstanding females that I self to create 10 families to plug into a pedigree method type breeding program, and you have 5 coupled with 5 males that you plug into a full-sib family selection type program. Let's give ourselves 2-3 cycles of selection. 2 of my ten lines survive culling ranking highest and are then bulked. You do the same %wise, and one of your 5 lines survive your program. Not only will the selfing program produce a higher rate of homogeneity but while you were masking deleterious recessives to resurface at a later date, I was purging them from the population.

Recombination still ocurrs with the technique (unless all loci are fixed) so that is not true. The ten individuals in the above example I began with could have been the offspring obtained from selfing a single individual (elite clone).

What I see a lot of is breeders poddy-mouthing these techniques with all kind of crap about it creating intersex individuals so what do they do. They instead go off on some backcrossing program often 3 consecutive backcrosses using the elite clone as the recurrent parent and where does that bring them? <To the exact same place a single cycle of selfing would have brought them - intersex plants and all, lol. At least with the selfing, we could have actually made some improvements while we were pissing around.
    -Tom

Props on the fem Pisces fire! He breeds keepers

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    321 times
    Pisces Genetics ~ SoCal Master Kush
    82012 028.jpg

82012 029.jpg

82012 030.jpg

82012 031.jpg

82012 032.jpg

82012 033.jpg

82012 034.jpg

Cheese Master
    82012 035.jpg

Tiger's Milk (bodhi)
    82012 036.jpg

82012 037.jpg
    Last edited by Dublinskunkfiend; 08-21-2012 at 12:03 AM.

Ameri-canna
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    3991 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gladstoned View Post
    Pisces Genetics ~ SoCal Master Kush
    Hot, like the Mojave Desert!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast