Advertise   Support WW    Contact   
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    1248 times
    Tought I'd try a small outdoor garden 2 see how things grow in the midwest.Plants seem to be luvin it.! My brothe and I are in a "debate" over natures little critters.He believes should be dusted with something to combat and prevent bugs from infesting the plants.We have used a product called Seven ,on tomatoe plants in the past to keep bugs,and insects from eatting the leaves.Even though we have noticed bugs and insects on and around the plants,they are not being eatten.My question is this, will these critters make a home in my buds,and screw up things later?or Will they just co-exist in natures scheme of things,possibly even aiding or triggering some type of harmone release in the plants themselves?COULD SOMEONE PLEASE PASS ALONG A FEW WORDS OF WISDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it 420 Yet?
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    3984 times
    The simple answer is maybe, the bugs outdoors like some plants and keep away from others. I usually have several plants outdoors and less than 10% of them have serious bug problems. As far as spraying them or shaking some 7 on them I wouldn't do it. I have ruined a whole outdoor crop spraying them for bugs and I only had them on 1 plant, just sprayed the others to be safe. I have most of my problem from aphids and I've found that I can kill them better by myself by hand. So in conclusion I feel that by watching your plants and observing any plant destruction with your hands you can kill/remove most bugs. I am also in the midwest. Good luck, and I hope all is well with you and yours

mal

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    1248 times
    what up MAL.Thanks for the wisdom!!My first outside grow that wasn't just a bag seed"if it grows fine, if not fine.Type thing.Keep blessing us here @ WW

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    1248 times
    DECIDED 2 dust around plants instead of the plants themselvesIMG01277-20120529-0722.jpgIMG01276-20120529-0721.jpg

Status
    Liked
    2448 times
    Insects are natural residents - not all eat plants, never mind eat cannabis. Some eat each other, and can help your plants by predating.

Companion planting chrysanthemums will keep some pests away - adding beneficial insects like ladybugs or praying mantis keeps other manageable.

Garlic is good companion plant too.

Good luck

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    1248 times
    IMG01279-20120529-0723.jpgIMG01270-20120529-0720.jpgThanks Wallstreet!!!!!!!!!!!Ladybugs and the praying mantis, I have already.The garlic, I have growing wild from a garden from a couple years back. I'll transplant soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont have a pest problem,just tryn to prevent.AS you can probably tell I'm a outdoor virgin

Is it 420 Yet?
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    3984 times
    Hey 8guage when in vegetative state the 7 will be fine to dust your plants with, you just don't want to dust a bunch of buds with a bunch of 7. I don't think that 7 gives a very good buzz, and it makes you sneeze. Just kidding- 7-good in vegetative growth but once buds start keep it away from them. I hope everything is going well for you and yours

mal

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    1248 times
    what up Mal!! I'm seeing 1 bitten leaf per plant .At this rate I'll loose only 5 leaves by harvest!!!!!!!!!!!lol

Village Idiot
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    2232 times
    OK adding beneficial bugs & pest repealing plants is great idea. But if you dust you just killed the bugs you payed for. Try building up your plants immune system & ability to fight a good fight with Pro-Silica. I like neem oil & some ultra fine mixed together keeps most pests away.
    The biggest problem I encountered or have seen is bud rot or powder mildew. I would rather smoke a lil bug than a lil mold or mildew. just my 2cents.
    WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK!!!!! _Step Brothers

OG/TSD Refugee
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    3189 times
    True that meggers!
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." Hunter S. Thompson
    Overgrow Original | Sp3cialSt3v3420 | 2001 - 2006 | Overgrow The World
    TSD OG 2011-2013 | Hippie420 | Former Forums Manager

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Buy Marijuana Seeds

ALL content is for informational and educational purposes only,
and intended for visitors 18 Years of age and Older!

Copyright ©2007-2019 WeedWatch.com Powered by Cannavelli Brands LLC. Sponsors | Link Partners   xhtml valid   Subscribe to Weed Watch Magazine's RSS Feed