Terms
Advertise   Support WW    Contact   
    OG/TSD Refugee
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    3189 times
    Hi everybody growing under the giant HID in the sky! So I was reading this over at I.C. and thought it too valid to pass up and added it to our wonderful website! I hope this enlightens some folks... Wish all the Outdoor folks to come a pleasant growing season and a bountiful harvest!

OP:JJScorpio of ICMag

There are a few things that I have learned to follow over the years, and I would like to share them with you. If anyone has anything to add, please do so.

1. Be respectful of the land. The land that you are growing on should not be damaged by growers. Never destroy vegetation that you do not have to. Take the time to climb a tree to trim the branches. Do not drop the tree because it is easier for you. Even a small tree has taken 30 years to grow. It's not our rights to destroy them. There is also no need to cut down bushes because it may be easier to get to your plot. That could be home to an animal, birds or insects.

2. Pick up your garbage. It may be as little as a fertilizer bag or a plastic water jug. Make sure you take out anything you bring in. Also don't be afraid to pick up something that is not yours. Karma will thank you for the time you have taken.

3. Never maim or kill an animal. This is their homes that we are going into. Most animals are curious of what you are doing, and if they do hurt your plants, it is not on purpose. A deer may chew one up or step on one accidentally or a skunk/coon/fox will always be curious of fresh, bare soil and may dig in it. This does not give you the right to kill them. Normally if you do not add things to the soil to make an animal dig, and you cage your plants when they are young, you will lose very few. Use these animals to your advantage. A group of birds that all of a sudden lift off, or a deer bolting tells you someone or something is around. Heed the warning. The same applies to a grazing deer or a fox hunting rodents. This tells you no one is around and you are safe.

4. Never booby trap your grow. If a human gets a fishhook stuck into them or broken bones, Leo will be around to investigate. On top of that, every outdoor grower will be labeled as a violent, money hungry thug. The good things that you do will always go unnoticed, but the bad things that you do will always be magnified by the press and the next person busted for growing will be treated as an example. We do not have the right to hurt people. There will always be thieves, and Karma will get them in its own time.

5. Leave the quality of the ground you use equal to or better than you found it. At the end of the season, remove your old roots, turn it over and add some dried manure, peat or a handful of fertilizer. This will not only bring back up nutrition levels for future growth, but if you decide to use it next year, you have a good start preparing the soil. Always remove your screens and pull up all stakes you use. An animal can be injured by either of these and it tips people off to someone growing.

I hope people will at the least follow some of what I have said. I am not preaching nor pretending to be perfect. Its just something I was taught and wanted to pass along. I can also tell you that it doesn't hurt to have Karma on your side, and by doing this, mother nature will shine on you......
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." Hunter S. Thompson
    Overgrow Original | Sp3cialSt3v3420 | 2001 - 2006 | Overgrow The World
    TSD OG 2011-2013 | Hippie420 | Former Forums Manager

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    14 times
    Dude you forgot to mention Stay out of our Natural state parks other than that its on point. Where im at in nor cal there trying to say you if you grow in your back yard and your nieghbor can smell it there can be 1000. per day fine and it must be in a greenhouse.

OG/TSD Refugee
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    3189 times
    Good information indeed friend! That fine sounds like utter BS! Greenhouse's always sounded fun to me! Post up a growlog if you got one bro. Show us how you North Cali boys do! I am on the East Coast so I have always been jealous of the weather over there. Take care.

-Hippie-
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." Hunter S. Thompson

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    14 times
    yeah it will be my first greenhouse i found one for 179. dollars plus the fans and the extra lights in case its really overcast for days on end. And they actually have compliance officers that go out and check to see if your complying with the law.I went ahead and bought the vid cameras although they wont do many anygood if im asleep when the rippers come because believe me there coming they allways do caught guys dressed in delivery cloths last year looking in backyards but around here we look out for each other.

OG/TSD Refugee
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    3189 times
    Total BS if you ask me fucking douches ripping people crops usually before they are even finished enough to be worth smoking cause they are dumb... Can't wait to hear more about your greenhouse venture... Hope you share a log with us.