This Website is FOR SALE! If interested,
Please contact info@thcmedia.com
    Terms
Advertise   Support WW    Contact   
    Weed Watcher
    Status
    Liked
    276 times
    Hello everyone wanted to see if i could get some opinions on this kit im about to buy. Anyone have anything to add good or bad please let me know figure ill be ordering this thing monday Im only looking to have it last one cycle theres a 3yr manufactures warranty included. Just wanted to see if anything really horrible has happened to anyone using this brand. Amazon.com: 600w Digital Super HPS MH Grow Light System with Air Cooled Tube. Best 600 watt hydroponic grow light set. 600w Dimmable Ballast, Super High Pressure Sodium & MH bulb, 6" Air Cooled Tube, yoyo and Timer kit. Compare with Hydrofarm and Sun

Ameri-canna
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    3991 times
    If all you want is one cycle, that price seems great. Were I you, I might even use it twice.

If I bought it, I'd use it until I had a reason to change. I'd figure out its deficiencies and whether they actually bug me before spending more money.

Looks like a good deal, though.
    Last edited by RacerX; 12-09-2012 at 05:11 AM.

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    13943 times
    Damn that is a steal if you ask me, even if it don't last more than a year. Think you'd almost make your money double or triple in one session. Only thing that would worry me, and make me look further into the bulbs and see how they rate and the spectrum they put off. funk on and let us know how it goes, funk-o
    Funk Monk

Ameri-canna
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    3991 times
    I've found that cheap bulbs can work well, if I use them ONCE. I buy Ushio brand bulbs now, but if money's tight, I have no shame - I'll buy a cheap bulb, but won't use it for more than a single grow. Do check the spectra, though, even on the cheap bulbs. All cheap bulbs are not made equal.

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Liked
    276 times
    So i made the order It will be here between the 13th and the 18th so im prepping some plants for transplant and hopefully I let everyone know how good its working for me

way up, way in, way out
    Status
    Liked
    1285 times
    My only concern with super low end equipment is risk of failure. Less so risk of a bulb or ballast stopping working, but actually frying out and starting a fire, bulb bursting, ballast burning up, that kind of thing. For me the $$ saved ain't worth it if the potential for damage is much greater. Running lights, air, water, etc. . .carries enough of a risk with it. Better to not create weak links in the chain, IMO.

All that said, it is better then going without, and if you are successful you should be able to upgrade after your first run! Trust me, you will want to! Good luck and happy growing!

outwest

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Liked
    276 times
    Thats true but Im thinking most of the time when something like that happens its most likely a human error. Im sure stuff like that happens with poorly made things but at the same time I think it has to do with how people hook up their grow. Its little things people over look that lead to huge problems down the road leaving debris by the ballast or simply not hanging it to dissipate the heat something easy like leaving oil on your bulb from not using a glove or towel to screw it in trying to wire your fusebox by yourself using or trying to steal the electric not having an outlet rated for high wattage surges i mean people need to get some common sense sometimes not saying these things dont happen even if you do take the precautions it just doesnt seems likely that because the so called item is off brand means that all of them exhibit these faults. Im not saying this is true but i bet just as many if not more people have these issues, of bulbs bursting and ballasts burning out, are with the brand names just bc theres more of them out there being used. I know new growers are more likely to make this purchase since it is cheaper since this might be the case they could contribute to the bad stuff being posted on the forums about these problems. also a new grower would make simple mistakes like the ones i mentioned and they would most likely be the ones on the forum making a big stink about a product that if utilized properly with the right technique would give you excellent results. Im hoping for the best since Its ordered so im already in ill let everyone know exactly what happens either way :P