Terms
Advertise   Support WW    Contact   
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    1965 times
    Do they cover a 3x3 or 4x4 area pretty good? By not putting out heat alone, I would get 2 to replace my 1k. Hope they come close to competing with the 600. Thanks Ralph for the updates!!

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Liked
    331 times
    So, I'm waiting for my high pressure pump, and misters for the Aero and we'll be growing. I'd say you can effectively cover a 3x4 area with a 420, maybe more, but I like to keep em close to the tops, and its 3x4 at around 12" from the canopy.
    [Mary has just taken her first hit] Goodbye Mary Sunshine! Reefer has blown out her mind! She's now a hot-head hussy! (Reefer Madness)

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Liked
    331 times
    A lil update, ill be running a true aero setup at 80 psi per mister on drain to waste. Have some root trellis' on the way aswell to help keep the roots out of the toxic runoff. Also built a low pressure aero/nft setup, (what everyone thinks is aeroponic) for a side by side. This will be running first with my gasoline kush, the hpa will run obs' alien og x aliendog. Think thatd be the perfect match for hpa, short structure, short flowering, and strong. Each setup will run 6 plants in about a 3 x 4 area each. Will try to get a couple pics of the new lights, and the lpa setup, its built for the most part, just need to connect my y filter, ball valve, and pump, but ran out of 1/2" pvc, lol.
    [Mary has just taken her first hit] Goodbye Mary Sunshine! Reefer has blown out her mind! She's now a hot-head hussy! (Reefer Madness)

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    1965 times
    Any new updates, how you liking the light?

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Liked
    331 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OldLuck View Post
    Havent run the 420 yet, but got a 200 for my veg to check em out, and it killng the t5's. Way more growth. As to the true aeroponics setup, i had a fab shop make me a 2'x4'x2' tall container with detachable base for the plants. Have 12 12v dc solenoids, my hydrostatic pump, and a 422 ar cycle timer on the way. Have a couple different misters to try out, straights, and angled. Also have my 2 optima deep cycle 12v batteries. Ordering my john guest fittings tonight, still need to find a good 16 bar tank, and regulator. Have done the math, and figured that ill need 1/2 second bursts of mist every 3.5 minutes. Need a large accumulator so ill only need to fill once a week. Figured ill be running efficient lights, might as well run an efficient setup. Been a while since ive run t.a.g., missed the explosive growth, and was getting bored, lol.

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Liked
    331 times
    Everything is on the way. Was unable to find a 16bar tank. Found a 100l tank in the UK, but wont ship here so I have a 20gal, and a 4.5 gal that I'll link together temporarily. I got a caleffi pressure reducing valve with enfm gauge. Also have my 12v maintainer on the way. Found some quick connect solenoids aswell. All my 3/8", and 1/4" tubings on the way aswell. So I've built this for under 1000$, and it'll run 20 nozzles easily at 85 psi!!! As soon as I've got it built I'll post some pics.

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Liked
    331 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OldLuck View Post
    Just an update for ya, my par 200 is getting it on. Massive new growth on everything, veg, and clones. They don't seem as bright, (inda-gro) , but the plants love the spectrum for sure. Hoping to have the 420's running over the T.A.G. setup next week. May order a UV 4 in a couple of days, the par 200 has me in the testing mode, LOL. Also am planning on getting 2 more par420's, ran 2 of em in a 6'x4' with a rez with 2 stones running off a gh 4 outlet, (2 closed), air pump, and maintain a reservoir temp of 68f, and temperature 12" under the bulb reads 73.8 f. No plants in the room, just testing. Room normally reads 68 f at eye level.

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    1965 times
    Thanks for the update kind sir. I thought the inda glo light had uv in them already. Glad to see they don't put out much heat. Looks like I will be ordering a couple next month. Glad your plants are loving the new light.

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    237 times
    So i had an interesting experience tonight. Forgot to unplug the ballast before disconnecting the lamp. I had a blow torch spit out the cord. I have worked around all kinds of lights all my life with film prodction. I have never seen that one. Luckily under warranty

OG/TSD Refugee
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    3189 times
    Yikes!
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." Hunter S. Thompson
    Overgrow Original | Sp3cialSt3v3420 | 2001 - 2006 | Overgrow The World
    TSD OG 2011-2013 | Hippie420 | Former Forums Manager

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast