Terms
Advertise   Support WW    Contact   
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Weed Watcher
    Status
    Liked
    331 times
    Also, I believe these will do good with the kushes I have lined up. These should have no problem penetrating the kushes low foliage canopy. Realistically, if I get 420g per Aero setup it'd worth it at a g/w, although ill be shooting for 1.8 g/w, which would be amazing in my opinion, (especially with kush). Now lets see if its attainable.
    [Mary has just taken her first hit] Goodbye Mary Sunshine! Reefer has blown out her mind! She's now a hot-head hussy! (Reefer Madness)

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    987 times
    Ralph,
    They claim that they are as bright as a 1000w MH or a 750 w HPS. If it really is that, then I still think it worth it as long as you see results. Just the heat factor and keeping the room at temp, less air movement and everything that goes with keeping temp down is everything. They say you save a lot in lighting but its everything that really makes it worth it. If they really work I would buy more lights to equal what I was using in wattage with the HPS in the bloom and MH in veg and still save on the heat factor with electricity over time. Plus have much more light to boot. Its like getting the prius of grow lights.. You already know this and that is why you too the shot with the induction light. The key is they have to work and I can't thank you enough for taking the plunge and testing them. Your test is going to decide if I buy a group of these in the not to far off future or not.. Thanks Ralph.

Dankness

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Liked
    331 times
    My pre grow assessment is that they are perfect for the Med grower. You could put 6 plants under em start to finish with no e/a. They put off no heat at all. Now I hung one next to my 600 GPS last night, and it appears that the 600 straight bitch slaps the inda-gro. But we'll see how much PAR really stacks up against lumens.
    [Mary has just taken her first hit] Goodbye Mary Sunshine! Reefer has blown out her mind! She's now a hot-head hussy! (Reefer Madness)

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    1965 times
    Are you doing your journal on this thread or another one? I am about ready to pull the trigger on one. So do you think 6 plants is max on them?

Is it 420 Yet?
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    3984 times
    Here's to hoping you grow a forest with them, my last post sounded negative and thats not what I meant. The win, win, win just sounds too good to be true, but I really hope it is true. I hope they are everything they are said to be and more. Take care and I hope all is well with you and yours

mal

Weed Watcher
    Out of the Blue & Teetering on the Point of No Return
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    1740 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mal View Post
    Here's to hoping you grow a forest with them, my last post sounded negative and thats not what I meant. The win, win, win just sounds too good to be true, but I really hope it is true. I hope they are everything they are said to be and more. Take care and I hope all is well with you and yours

mal
    But What do ya Mean by What Do I mean ??? & why didn't ya just say so from the beginin .

Keep Smilin Mal ,,,
    Póg mo bán Irish thóin !

Is gairid ár gcairt ar an saol seo ,,,

Sláinte !

"This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."
    Sigmund Freud about the Irish

Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.
    George Carlin

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Liked
    331 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OldLuck View Post
    Are you doing your journal on this thread or another one? I am about ready to pull the trigger on one. So do you think 6 plants is max on them?
    Ill be doing a journal here on weedwatch. Just waiting for the last of my parts to arrive to finish my Aero table. Once finished ill start a journal, will probably post in the growing forum. As far ad 6 plants being the Max, I don't know yet. I think they'll fit my 6 plant aero tubes perfect. About 15 years ago I grew Aero with fluorescent lighting and got great results. I'm aiming for over a gram per Watt, that happens, its a full switch out to induction. It'll take a lil tinkering to get everything dialed in. Also the owner of inda-gro says that by your 3rd harvest you'll be averaging the equivalent yield of the hps. From what I've read, people are taking a 40% hit on yield from a 1000w. But that would be great I think, if the 1000w was averaging 1g/w, then that'd be about 600g from 420w. Also, induction lights are supposed to produce the most lumens per Watt. The reality of 400w replacing 1000 Watts is crazy, I can see a 600, maybe, different light, so we'll have to see.

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Liked
    331 times
    Dankness, thanks for the positive vibes, good people can be hard to come by, LOL. Had to try and switch it up. Rising energy costs are a killer. And really, 1g/w would actually make it worth the switch in exhaust, and chiller costs. These babies run cool, cooler than t5, or leds.
    Last edited by RalphWiley; 05-12-2012 at 04:20 AM.

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    987 times
    Nice...

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    237 times
    Ralph dont worry about it, your concerns sound like you got them from talking to retailer.(he told me their feedback was better results with sativas) We bought them and have not looked back EVER. EVERYTHING you saw and read is actually true. Those youtube videos results are the exact same as ours. We actually are doing a side by side that has about a week to go before flush. The other room has MH Hort Super Blues and it is in noway even a contest. We already purchased lights to run ALL our rooms from start to finish. We have countless decades of experience between us and walked away from hid when we saw the evidence right in front of us. Next up we are shinning these over undercurrents. One lamp punches something equal to 750w hid. We now run 6 per 10x10 room although you can do it with 5. Big difference from 5000w of cooled hid and continuous buying of expensive bulbs. I can tell ya if you have the money you will be VERY happy. Everyone should by this lamp hands down. BUT get it from led4growth.com rather than IndaGro. Reason is William Boone(owner of led4growth) cut a deal to be the only distributor including the manufacturer to sell the lamps with remote ballasts. Which in my opinion is greatly needed. Check out his flower initiators too, we are using them but everything is new so I cant tell if they are doing anything. Looks like they are though. Punch through the canopy does not seem to be an issue at all either. No matter what your growing, sativs or indis. Currently gigantic 6 ft RP kandy kush and 6ft dumbos so frosted you cant see the vegetation. Fan leaves are bigger than 5gal bucket lids
    Last edited by eatcake; 05-14-2012 at 02:26 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast