Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: hey

Solid.

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    2032 times
    HAHAHAHA! I'm talking food, man! Though I won't talk shit about buds either. I recommend that everyone, who is able, visit Alaska. It's a wonderful place, I miss it every time I go anywhere else. Despite the fact that half the year is pretty hardcore. It's mostly the darkness, it gets colder in the midwest than it does here but the long dark really can fuck with ya.
    Anything you want, anything at all, come to me. I'll be your guardian angel. . . - Juno Reactor

Jetwaterpipes.com

pyptek.com

My Grow

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Those long nights is a deal breaker for me. I have a hard time with long nights here. As for food we have eat allot of meat and corn. Indiana seems to be nothing but cornfields. I love to get away from here from time to time, but, like you said, I too look forward getting back home. What do you do when the long periods of darkness kick in? Where are you living in Alaska?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Solid.

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    2032 times
    I live in the Anchorage area. So our we do get a bit more light than Fairbanks or anywhere further north. During the peak summer hours, there's pretty much no darkness, it's just dusky after about 11:00PM then gets light again around 3:30-4:00AM During the winter the sun peeks over the mountains around 9:30-10:00AM then disappears again at 3:30-4:00PM. In the winter I go to work in the dark and go home in the dark. It gets old but you can get away with doing dumb shit, because it's mostly dark. The summers are what makes it all worth it. Well, for most people. I snowshoe, ski, camp and all that pretty much year round.
    Anything you want, anything at all, come to me. I'll be your guardian angel. . . - Juno Reactor

Jetwaterpipes.com

pyptek.com

My Grow

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    0 times
    I love camping. It is a dream of mine to head to your neck of the woods and spread out my camping gear. If I weren't married I would head to Your great state a couple of months a year. Since I am a disabled veteran, I have the luxury to travel. Sounds like you are living the good life there. How is the job market there?

Solid.

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    2032 times
    The job market in Alaska is weird. It's heavily dependent on who you know, which is very unfortunate. The nepotism up here is pretty extreme. If you have an in, you can get work on the slope, it pays well but the hours and location are shit. I've been up to the slope a couple times and the safety regulations and the enclosed environment aren't for me. The area is dope as hell, the facilities are cramped though. They feed you really, really well. I'll say that. We aren't really seeing the economic downturn that I keep reading about. This is a unique economy though, with the Joint Base Elmendorf/Richardson in town, a port and all the tourism.

Jetwaterpipes.com

pyptek.com

My Grow

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Osprey, what are the weed laws there?

Solid.

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    2032 times
    Weed is full on legal now. It's been well tolerated since the Ravin V. State of Alaska case, regarding personal privacy, back in the 70's. I've grown for years, you can always get it too. The people in charge of the cannabis board are absolute morons though, they know nothing of the plant or the culture. It's sort of a drag and a blessing combined.

Jetwaterpipes.com

pyptek.com

My Grow

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Indiana is as a conservative state as they come. Harsh sentences for even minor possession. This state will be one of the last to adopt legal personal use, even for medicinal need will be hard to pass here. There is a bill being presented that will allow medical marijuana for certain military veterans. Not sure how far that will go since you are talking about doing so at a federal level. Fingers crossed.

Solid.

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    2032 times
    It's strange. Alaska is a conservative state as well but more libertarian than straight conservative. People here are to the right but don't want anyone in anyone else's business. Personal freedom and whatnot. With enough states going legal, it's a downhill slope for the rest, it's just not a quick thing.

Jetwaterpipes.com

pyptek.com

My Grow

Village Idiot
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    2232 times
    I spent a summer and fall in Monticello Ind back in 85' and I remember the humidity most of all. The place is gorgeous and we had a nice house on Lake Freeman I think, loved it but no Southern California lol. Had the privilege of seeing a covered bridge festival and the color change of a actual season. In SoCal it goes from mild to OMG thats is fuckin hotter than hot, 118° aint no joke. If we get a wet year like this year was it means FIRES ON THE HORIZON. There is no better weed than here but Colorado is catching up.
    Thank You for your service!
    WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK!!!!! _Step Brothers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast