Terms
Advertise   Support WW    Contact   

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok, so I have been growing a plant for over 6 months now. It started as an indoor plant and then I found a place outside where I could put it out of view of anyone. It is still in its pot also.

My question is: What does it mean when my stems, all of them, start turning a red color?

Solid.

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    2032 times
    It's possible you've got a nutrient problem. How are the leaves looking? If you plan on finishing the plant outside, you may consider cutting the pot off and giving the roots an opportunity to expand. How big of a pot and how tall of a plant? If its become root bound you will have problems regulating the nutrients and salts.
    Anything you want, anything at all, come to me. I'll be your guardian angel. . . - Juno Reactor

Jetwaterpipes.com

pyptek.com

My Grow

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    0 times
    My leaves look fine. I don't have a place in my yard where I can put it without others seeing it. my only option then is to move it to another pot that is bigger. It smells like greens and the leaves look fine but the buds are not growing. it is about 2 1/2 3 feet tall max and that is just me eyeballing it. seems like it may be a bit taller. I am scared to transplant it but I do have a bigger pot to put it in.

Solid.

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    2032 times
    Transplanting does shock the plant, but it really is better to slow your growth by a week due to a re-pot as opposed to being rootbound. If the plant can't process nutrients, you might get next to nothing out of it. The purple stem concerns me. I've over-fed a couple of plants and wound up with purple stems and wicked low yield. Flushing the pot before you transplant might be a good idea as well. Get 5 gallons of water in a bucket, let it sit for a couple days, to allow the chlorine to fek off. Then slowly pour it through your soil, with the plant outside or in a tub. Flushing the soil will pull out any salts locked up in the dirt. Maybe don't feed for a week and see how it does. If you get light tips on the leaves maybe come back in with a very small amount of N. Plants metabolize slowly and waiting for signs you're doing something right or wrong can be nerve wracking. Just be patient, it's one of the many things the plant is trying to teach us.
    Anything you want, anything at all, come to me. I'll be your guardian angel. . . - Juno Reactor

Jetwaterpipes.com

pyptek.com

My Grow

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    0 times
    ok well I have already repotted the plant. It came out of the pot nicely. The dirt was very well pot formed so I just loosened it up and it came out nicely and in tact. I put it in a bigger pot and just added more soil. I am gonna go take a pic after my phone charges and upload it. I have 2 more seeds germinating and I hope they turn into something cause I have been waiting on this plant for months.

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    0 times
    2013-07-07 20.44.05.jpg This is the top of the plant
    2013-07-07 20.44.21.jpg This is the middle of the plan

Solid.

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    2032 times
    Do you have the option to add more light? Also, what kind of temperatures do you have in the box or area currently? The fans are looking a little pale. If you just transplanted, don't feed it for a bit, do make sure to keep the temperatures consistent and the light cycle consistent. It looks a tiny bit stretched.

Jetwaterpipes.com

pyptek.com

My Grow

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    0 times
    I have it sitting outside so it's getting natural light. I lost my space in the house for indoor growing when my fucking mother in law moved in, so now it is outside.

Solid.

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    2032 times
    Fair enough. If it is outdoors right now, that's not necessarily a bad thing. After a week or so, perhaps less, you'll want to get some nitrogen in there. An emerald green is the best way I can describe what you want the fans to look like, or a stereotypical "jungle" green. How moist are you keeping the soil? It can really get a bit dryer than one might be "comfortable" with. Huh, lotsa quotes today. . .

Jetwaterpipes.com

pyptek.com

My Grow

Status
    Liked
    42 times
    You've been growing THAT for six months??

What lights were you using inside??