Terms
Advertise   Support WW    Contact   
    Site Supporter

Status
    Liked
    434 times
    This is my technique for increasing yield on cannabis plants by removing dominant bud sites, in rock wool. This process works the same more or less in soil.

I had always been a soil grower, but it seems you can't get away from the pests in soil anymore. So I switched to Rock wool. Here's a couple of pics of a soiler, I pruned for outside.

003.jpg
    004.jpg

And here's how I started out in rock wool. Experimenting with different positions and size cubes.

001.jpg

Site Supporter

Status
    Liked
    434 times
    015.jpg
    016.jpg

After they got a little bigger I pruned them.

I cut the main tip, leaving 2 top heads and 2 inferior heads beneath.

Site Supporter

Status
    Liked
    434 times
    What I did for the outdoor pruning, was leave some of the dom. top cola when I cut it. As the plant was going to get very big out side, as opposed to the rock wool plants which I flower indoors in my giant bloom box.

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    England
    Liked
    208 times
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentVonblown View Post
    What I did for the outdoor pruning, was leave some of the dom. top cola when I cut it. As the plant was going to get very big out side, as opposed to the rock wool plants which I flower indoors in my giant bloom box.
    Aint that called the FIM technique of topping for multiple heads unlike topping as you done in the others which leaves 2 new heads, not really pruning is it or am i miles off with that ?

Site Supporter

Status
    Liked
    434 times
    Femming, is the process of smashing or damaging grow tips, so they sort of micro prune and develop more heads.

Here's my latest vid on Pruning, called "Bud Ball".

Site Supporter

Status
    Liked
    434 times
    FIM, stands for, Fuck I missed. Some people just smash the grow tip, others will attempt to cut diagonally across. Causing a similar effect. I prefer pruning myself as sometimes other methods don't work as well, unless your very precise.

I find that (like in the vid) repositioning your plant after pruning is the best way to form a big indoor budball...
    Last edited by VincentVonblown; 03-21-2014 at 10:52 PM.

Site Supporter

Status
    Liked
    434 times
    Outdoors though,... a lot of people tend to make the mistake of trying to make a big bud ball. But, bud balls outside, will get to big, and will tend to be stymied, and begin molding and rotting, in some cases (especially in more humid areas) outdoor.