Terms
Advertise   Support WW    Contact   
    Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    98 times
    I love learning how to grow my biggest and best buds, so I read marijuana grow books, network with other marijuana growers, watch marijuana growing videos…and like most marijuana growers I count on advice from hydroponics stores.

I had total faith in hydroponics store advice until a hydroponics store gave me bad information that ruined an entire crop cycle.

So should I trust on hydroponics store advice? how can i be sure i am not being misled?
    Last edited by Dublinskunkfiend; 02-13-2013 at 11:17 AM.

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Liked
    589 times
    Quote Originally Posted by martinej View Post
    I love learning how to grow my biggest and best buds, so I read marijuana grow books, network with other marijuana growers, watch marijuana growing videos…and like most marijuana growers I count on advice from hydroponics stores.

I had total faith in hydroponics store advice until a hydroponics store gave me bad information that ruined an entire crop cycle.

So should I trust on hydroponics store advice? how can i be sure i am not being misled?
    Dude... The #1 job of the guy in the hydro shop is to sell you stuff. Not necessarily what you need or what you ask for, but what they're told to sell, what they've been convinced "is the bomb" product, what has been advertised like crazy in High Times. The advice from a hydro shop employee should be taken with a HUGE grain of salt. It's outrageous to think that someone can suggest a "magic" product without having seen your garden or understands what you're using and HOW you're using it. Furthermore, not all of the employees at hydro shops a) grow weed, b) grow weed well, c) have a brain and use it and finally, d) will ask you WHY you're interested in a product rather than push something on you.

My advice (which I also suggest you take with a HUGE dose of reality, as it is coming from the INTERNET), don't listen to people who aren't actively participating in your gardening. If you want to explore alternative nutrients/products, do so with 1 plant in the garden, not all of them... If results are promising, expand the usage to 2-3 plants, etc.

-greener

Is it 420 Yet?
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    3984 times
    Well said oregongreener, nothing more needs added. I hope all is well with you and yours

mal

Status
    Liked
    17 times
    Growing cannabis hydroponically provide you with higher yield in a shorter time compared to growing in soil, but it may be often difficult for the beginners to get started. Read books and collect necessary information to get yourself started in this process.

Status
    Liked
    0 times
    Well, it’s quite a confusing question to answer! Why I am finding it difficult to suggest anything here is this - whether you should rely on a hydroponic store advisor or not will always depend on what kind of a person you are asking for help. Although it is true that hydro shops are interested only in imposing what they have on you, it doesn’t mean you’ll always find the wrong person. There are people who want to genuinely help growers.

However, the best way is to ask a friend who has previously consulted a professional. If they have achieved desired results with help of an advisor, you too can expect to find the right store!