Terms
Advertise   Support WW    Contact   
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Status
    Liked
    2448 times
    Quote Originally Posted by freegrow View Post
    man ever feel like crap for a good reason , I do right now wish I had some to send but troubles were a brewin and dont have it to give , will in time though love this site ,gonna get in touch with hippiy for the future all I have is like 3 packs from cannobi and he is the reason ( among others ) why i want to give back

peace and hope
    freegrow
    Naw, dude - it's not like that, don't feel that way...

This is an "if you want, if you can" kinda thang - and certainly not limited to HLB. We all go throught different stages in our lives, some of the people being helped by Hippy and HLB are the down cycle and really need it, others (like me) are starting a decent upswing or have a lot to be grateful for and CAN afford to help out.

Life is a long journey - if the time isn't right to do this now, it might be later, or it might be the right time for another type of action. Do what you can, when you can, if you can.

Drop the change from your pocket into a worthy cause, hold a door open for a little old lady, compliment an overwhelmed mom on her "cute" kids.

The main reason for my posts here isn't just to get beans and money to HLB - it's to encourage EVERYONE to do something for someone. What you do and how you do it is up to you. HLB is just one way I know I can make a difference.

Even "wanting" to do something is a great start...

Peace and pot to all my sisters and brothers of the herb - my life is better having you all in it...
    Last edited by WallStreet; 07-03-2012 at 12:27 AM.

Is it 420 Yet?
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    2606 times
    Drop the change from your pocket into a worthy cause, hold a door open for a little old lady, compliment an overwhelmed mom on her "cute" kids.
    thats what its all about I dont feel bad because i cant , only that I want to and cant right now, but am greatfull for another outlet to do so and will very soon

peace and respect
    freegrow
    MY HONOR IS MY LIFE

“The most tragic thing in the world is a man of genius who is not a man of honor.”

Status
    Liked
    2448 times
    Bump - we have a ton of new friends and family that have come aboard in the past few months, so I'm bumping this thread just "because".

The word I get from HLB is the outpouring of love and offers of beans and money have taken their breath away. Folks, JB at The Seed Depot is volunteering their time and efforts to act as middlemen, receiving donations and forwarding them to HLB for growing/distribution and exchange with other like-minded charitable folks. I've sent an assortment of beans from my collection and money for postage/whatever.

Plse, plse, plse - anyone that can - go into your fridges, your seedboxes, your piggy banks and put a little "something" together. Stealth mail it to JB at TSD, mark it c/o HomeLess Beans, and he will make sure Hippy and the HLB gang get your donation.

You can proudly display your HLB Supporter tag/pic - and just earn yourself a little positive karma for down the road.

No pressure!!! If you can, what you can...

To all who have already pitched in - many thanks, much love and way to go!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreet View Post
    I just sent Homeless Beans a care package. Not posting this to brag, I'm posting this as a challenge.

I have almost 100 different strains - I took 10 of the most diverse, took some beans from each one, and bundled them for Homeless Beans to help others with. And I sent the money to take care of the shipping and handling of them.

JB at TSD has graciously agreed to act as middleman for these packages - he's in the biz, so therefore the perfect blind to keep everyone safe. No point in someone getting busted over gifts or good intentions.

My challenge is quite simple - if your life is treating you decently, if you have a roof over your head, a couple of bucks in your pocket, then you can help somebody that has less. Get your bean collection out - take 10% of the strains you have set aside, and take from 2 to 5 beans each of those strains (or more if you want, I'm just setting a minimum here), and get them out in the mail to JB, with a note that they are for Homeless Beans. Drop $10 or $20 in with it to take care of the postage.

Everyone has ups and downs - but some people have nothing, or almost nothing, and those of us with something SHOULD do the right thing and help them.

Hippy does solid work - he needs a hand - and if even 10% of us help him out, he can really (we can really) make a difference.

So - there it is - I challenge you all to help, to make a difference in someones life. If you can, plse do. If you can't, no sweat, at least do something nice for someone you know.

A senseless, random act of kindness never goes unpunished.

Please - and thanks.

Weed Watcher
    Out of the Blue & Teetering on the Point of No Return
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    1740 times
    Once Again , Brilliant Concept Wall-Street , Homeless Beans & All ,

Although I can't donate beans of any value I can & Will Donate all-o-my Weed Buck$ to Whomever is willin to use them to enter the WW Site Bean Drawings for Homeless-Beans . The beans I have are an accumulation of bag-seeds from the past 35 + yrs & I obviously wasn't smart-e-nuff to label the feckers .So on me next round I'll be poppin some Mystery Beans & see what beauties I come up with .

So Wall-Street let me know if You or Whomever I can have Me Weed-Buck$ transferred too for the sites monthly seed drawings for the Homeless Bean Project . I'm Sure our Friend Dublin can accommodate us in the transfer of the weed buck$ fer the cause . I wish it was more , But I did have a Bumper Crop of Hollyhocks & Black Raspberries full-o-feckin seeds .

Good Luck with the Project & Do let me know how we can Transfer Me Weed Buck$ before I have to pay Income Tax on it from bein in a " Higher " Tax Bracket with Obamanomics & all ,,,

Póg mo bán Irish thóin !

Is gairid ár gcairt ar an saol seo ,,,

Sláinte !

"This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."
    Sigmund Freud about the Irish

Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.
    George Carlin

Status
    Liked
    2448 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnybrook View Post
    Once Again , Brilliant Concept Wall-Street , Homeless Beans & All ,

Although I can't donate beans of any value I can & Will Donate all-o-my Weed Buck$ to Whomever is willin to use them to enter the WW Site Bean Drawings for Homeless-Beans . The beans I have are an accumulation of bag-seeds from the past 35 + yrs & I obviously wasn't smart-e-nuff to label the feckers .So on me next round I'll be poppin some Mystery Beans & see what beauties I come up with .

So Wall-Street let me know if You or Whomever I can have Me Weed-Buck$ transferred too for the sites monthly seed drawings for the Homeless Bean Project . I'm Sure our Friend Dublin can accommodate us in the transfer of the weed buck$ fer the cause . I wish it was more , But I did have a Bumper Crop of Hollyhocks & Black Raspberries full-o-feckin seeds .

Good Luck with the Project & Do let me know how we can Transfer Me Weed Buck$ before I have to pay Income Tax on it from bein in a " Higher " Tax Bracket with Obamanomics & all ,,,

Fuuuuuuck...

Sorry, db - I thought I'd posted a response to this post waaay back, but guess I forgot to hit "enter" button (or something like that)...

Very, very cool offer of ya - I think just your pledge is enough, no need to xfer your bux just to win for HLB.

HLB is really lucky to have such terrific support, and I thank you from the bottom of my fat, old, short, ugly and bald little heart...

Thanks, dude...

Status
    Liked
    2448 times
    ***** Updated mailing address *****

T.S.D
    22 Eden Street #243
    Kingston upon Thames
    KT1 1DN
    United Kingdom

Just found out...
    Last edited by WallStreet; 08-28-2012 at 07:55 PM.

Is it 420 Yet?
    Status
    Country
    Vietnam
    Liked
    822 times
    Hell, I thought Homeless Beans was an actual breeder here, lol, my bad...n8tive Going to have to check this oout a lil farther and sen some beans.
    The Great Spirit is in all things, he is in the air we breathe. The Great Spirit is our Father, but the Earth is our Mother. She nourishes us, that which we put into the ground she returns to us....

When the white man discovered this country Indians were running it. No taxes, no debt, women did all the work. White man thought he could improve on a system like this. -

Status
    Liked
    2448 times
    Quote Originally Posted by n8tivefarmer View Post
    Hell, I thought Homeless Beans was an actual breeder here, lol, my bad...n8tive Going to have to check this oout a lil farther and sen some beans.
    HLB or Hippy or Funkmonk can answer any ??? you might have, n8tive.

I'm a booster, but just by sending in beans or little bits of cash. I heartily encourage you and everyone interested to check out HomeLess Beans. It's like nothing else you'll encounter...

Good luck, thanks for posting...

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    13943 times
    Quote Originally Posted by n8tivefarmer View Post
    Homie you are like the early version of this project and one who I seen and heard of doing this type of giving, lol. To tell you the truth broski you are have been donating to the program thru me, hehhehee. I seen my man hippy in action with our donations and this brother goes even further than me and goes beyond to help peeps, lol. He does make gear but keeps the genetics to friends and of course the homeless, lol. It's an all around funky program that gets back to the basics of giving and makes us bean wealthy a chance to slow down and see our collection do some funk'n damage for the better good, funk bless N8tive for we are so worthy to have warriors keep this type of compassion and pass it on to be an on going force of goodness, and I plan on continuing to do this shiite till I die, give to you bleed, hehehehe funk on
    Funk Monk

Is it 420 Yet?
    Status
    Country
    Vietnam
    Liked
    822 times
    Thank you my brother I get so much from giving out these seeds it seems I always come out on top because of the way it makes me feel bro,hehe, When I first starte to grow for meds hell I didn't have anything at all worthy of meds but a couple of oldtimers helped me out bigtime with gear and just the tellin me to play it forward and that's what I ended up doing and have had a blast for years doin it no doubt.Thanks again..n8tive Now got to bust out the bean box ,lol
    The Great Spirit is in all things, he is in the air we breathe. The Great Spirit is our Father, but the Earth is our Mother. She nourishes us, that which we put into the ground she returns to us....

When the white man discovered this country Indians were running it. No taxes, no debt, women did all the work. White man thought he could improve on a system like this. -

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12