Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G-High, Oh My!

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    187 times
    My seeds have arrived! Special thanks to Hazeman for what you do!

I have P.O.W., Breakout, and G-High, an embarrassment of riches. I can only run a few seeds to start, to stay within plant limits, so I'm having a really tough decision. I have decided to go for the G-High first, just because.

I will be running these in my low-budget way. I am using FFOceanForest, with earthjuice ferts, in 5 gallon buckets. I have a small flower room, with a fresh 1000HPS light. My new clone/veg box has been built and is going to be delivered tonight.

To add to the challenge of growing, you may remember that I now have a pretty full house. My one-bedroom plus converted-attic house now holds 3 adults and 4 children. My flowering girls have a room to themselves (unlike the rest of us), but I'm still trying to figure out where to dry the harvested goods; I have to figure it out soon, I have a couple of ladies that are ready to chop.

So wish me luck, I'll be posting pics along the way. Just keep in mind that a better, more experienced grower is likely to get bigger and better buds and plants than I, so judge what you see accordingly!

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    13943 times
    Damn girl ya dont answer the door? Heard that there's a farmergirl putting on a funktastik show soon of some O face gear. LOL. FUnk ya this shit is bout to get epic. Sweety, dont worry bout what you dont have or too many folks in the crib, just relax and ROCK it like your personality!!! We all support one another. Think the Temple was rocking gadgets and sensors and all that stuff before, HELLZ nah. Just 4 yrs ago it was 2 1000 hids open hoods and a floor fan, but the funk kept coming. Well did have my trial n errors but that is the fun part. Survival of the GAME. YOU have nothing but possitve Karma from me and the rest of us here. NEed anything or have a questions feel free without feeling green, ya know what I mean!!! FUNK YOU N HAZEMAN. I like what you chose, and Ghigh is going to be GREAT. Just think ya got two more flavs on deck and ya always gotz FUNK MONK> STAY GREEN N FUNKY
    Funk Monk

Is it 420 Yet?
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    3984 times
    No judging here, any plant grown to old age is well grown. With plants besides genetics you get what you give them usually. I'm not allowed to put any pictures on the internet my wife is paranoid, she was freaking out because I put her name on here (Melody). Now everybody knows her LOL. Good luck with your grow, you might want to try the attic for drying your weed if its not too hot or hang it in your grow space somehow with a black plastic light block. Just keep the air moving, I hope all is well with you and yours

mal

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    984 times
    If I was in your situation I would trim up buds fresh. Then cut them off the stalk and put them in paper bags (thin layer in each bag). Close the bags with a piece of tape and put them under a bed or in the closet.
    Then every two days I would shake the buds up in the bag until its dry. This way it shouldnt dry out too fast on you. I have lived in a studio apartment so I know what kind of challenges you have.
    Best of luck with your situation.
    Last edited by Budzillah; 06-30-2012 at 04:04 AM.

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    187 times
    Quote Originally Posted by funkmonk View Post
    Damn girl ya dont answer the door? Heard that there's a farmergirl putting on a funktastik show soon of some O face gear. LOL. FUnk ya this shit is bout to get epic. Sweety, dont worry bout what you dont have or too many folks in the crib, just relax and ROCK it like your personality!!! We all support one another. Think the Temple was rocking gadgets and sensors and all that stuff before, HELLZ nah. Just 4 yrs ago it was 2 1000 hids open hoods and a floor fan, but the funk kept coming. Well did have my trial n errors but that is the fun part. Survival of the GAME. YOU have nothing but possitve Karma from me and the rest of us here. NEed anything or have a questions feel free without feeling green, ya know what I mean!!! FUNK YOU N HAZEMAN. I like what you chose, and Ghigh is going to be GREAT. Just think ya got two more flavs on deck and ya always gotz FUNK MONK> STAY GREEN N FUNKY

Thanks so much! I don't mind admitting that i am not very experienced. I like advice, especially over the net, I can always ignore what I don't like!

I threw three seeds into some spring water last night, tonight all three have cracked and the white root is starting to shove itself out of the seed. I will be dropping them into jiffy plugs tonight, I worry about being clumsy and breaking a longer root.

Oh, my new clone/veg box did get delivered. It is so awesome...I was looking for a scrap-wood enclosure that I could stick a lock on. What I got was adjustable shelves, removable bottom, a spring-hinged top that can lock close or open to any angle for venting, hand-carved cannabis leaf door handle...15" x 36" x 70", it will hold everything I need and more!

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    Belize
    Liked
    12822 times
    Farmergirl,

Delighted for you on the veg/clone box.

May it bring you an abundance of the finest cannabis.

Peace,

Dublin.

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    187 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Budzillah View Post
    If I was in your situation I would trim up buds fresh. Then cut them off the stalk and put them in paper bags (thin layer in each bag). Close the bags with a piece of tape and put them under a bed or in the closet.
    Then every two days I would shake the buds up in the bag until its dry. This way it shouldnt dry out too fast on you. I have lived in a studio apartment so I know what kind of challenges you have.
    I have heard about the paper bag drying, I may have to try that. It seems like that might help contain the odor. I harvested this morning, and came up with a solution that may or may not work. I have a large screen hung near the top of the laundry room, with the exhaust fan running and another fan running to lightly circulate the air in the room. I just worry about the odor going through the house, I have some very skunky smelling plants!

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    187 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mal View Post
    No judging here, any plant grown to old age is well grown. With plants besides genetics you get what you give them usually. I'm not allowed to put any pictures on the internet my wife is paranoid, she was freaking out because I put her name on here (Melody). Now everybody knows her LOL. Good luck with your grow, you might want to try the attic for drying your weed if its not too hot or hang it in your grow space somehow with a black plastic light block. Just keep the air moving, I hope all is well with you and yours

mal
    LOL, my attic has 4 people living in it!

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    187 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Budzillah View Post
    My solution was not so nifty; there was a lot of odor through the house. I grabbed a few clean paper grocery bags, and it is working wonderfully! No odor, no light, the buds are almost dry now, and in quite a small area too! We are having temps in the 90-100 degrees here, with very high humidity; the buds are drying much better in the bags than they would have if they were hanging. Thanks Budzillah, this may be a permanent
    way of drying for me.

All three of the Q-high seeds have popped out of the ground. They all shed the seed shells by themselves, pretty much all at the same time. I'm hoping to plant them into solo cups (they are currently in jiffy cubes) later tonight.

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    984 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FarmerGirl View Post
    My solution was not so nifty; there was a lot of odor through the house. I grabbed a few clean paper grocery bags, and it is working wonderfully! No odor, no light, the buds are almost dry now, and in quite a small area too! We are having temps in the 90-100 degrees here, with very high humidity; the buds are drying much better in the bags than they would have if they were hanging. Thanks Budzillah, this may be a permanent
    way of drying for me.

All three of the Q-high seeds have popped out of the ground. They all shed the seed shells by themselves, pretty much all at the same time. I'm hoping to plant them into solo cups (they are currently in jiffy cubes) later tonight.
    Good that it worked out as well for you as it does for me. I hang my stuff for about four days
    ( I dont do this in 90-100°temps....yikes its hot there) Then I take them off the dryline and wrap them in black plastic for a day or so. Then I take buds off stems. Then they go in papersacks to finish the curing process.
    We are going to have you up to pro status in no time. Peace and be well.
    Last edited by Budzillah; 07-06-2012 at 01:54 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast