Thread: Spider Mites.

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    Belize
    Liked
    12822 times
    Biological Mite Control

Predatory mites are, in many new age gardener's opinions, the best way to control spider mites. Predatory mites are mites that do not feed on plants but on other mites, like the two-spotted mite, for instance. Predatory mites can usually be mail-ordered from a horticultural warehouse or purchased online from any number of online gardening vendors. There are three of the most common predatory mites used to kill and control spider mites:

Phytoseiulus persimilis is referred to by the Cornell University Extension office as "one of the mainstays of greenhouse integrated pest management." The great thing about this species of mite is that it cleans up after itself once the spider mite population is gone—cannibalizing on each other, thus decimating their own populations.

Metaseiulus occidentalis is another common predatory mite used to kill spider mites. It is an effective biological control only if temperatures are on average between 44 degrees and 89 degrees Fahrenheit.

Phytoseiulus longpipes is essentially a variant of the Phytoseiulus persimilis mite brought in from Africa which can stand warmer ambient temperatures than its North American cousins. Longpipes is seeing a gain in popularity among gardeners who would rather deploy a biological spider mite control agent than a chemical or physical control.

Peace,

Dublin.

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    13943 times
    Thanks dubs,
    Ive done the ladybugs, and predator mites but all have died cause(opinion) of co2. The Temple disperses till 1500 ppm and happens every 2hrs. I only like to keep my humidity under 60%, and this too could have an effect ive heard. the bugs thrive better in a higher humidity for h2o source. The predator mites hatch and live for a week or two then died off, cool shit watching em slay the lil bastards. Spent hours watching for some entertainment and make sure I wasn't just spreading more unwanted pest. Before I ran CO2 the lady bugs were one of my best weapons. I try or rarely foil spray in the Temple, all sprays are done clones to veg row. Once in a while if I see a plant with more then 5 leafs with bite marks I quarintine them and hit em with Mite Rid from Austrialia, top of leafs only. Einstien oil for armor, and if problem consits AzaMax. Then if this combo doesnt work I jack the co2 to 2000 every couple of weeks. In an unlikely infestation bombs, but only if its really bad or the plant getz PIMP smacked out of the temple and put to rest. Funk monk doen't play wit these Diva's or mites. Straight up, Ill take a loss before my medicine just becomes shitty smoke. Always been bout quality not quanity, never compermized for greed and wealth. Karma FUNK
    Funk Monk

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    Belize
    Liked
    12822 times
    I throw them in and let the battle commence ...........

OG/TSD Refugee
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    3189 times
    Sadly munk I don't think it's the Co2... I have seen a video of a guy trying to kill spider mites with 16,000 PPM for 1 hour straight in an enclosed environment and they lived through it just fine...
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." Hunter S. Thompson
    Overgrow Original | Sp3cialSt3v3420 | 2001 - 2006 | Overgrow The World
    TSD OG 2011-2013 | Hippie420 | Former Forums Manager

Is it 420 Yet?
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    2606 times
    never had em in flower, but in veg i got some right now on 2 plants neem oil will kill em

Neem oil 30 mil. per gallon shake constantly while lifting leaves and spraying underneath , one day on one off till they are gone

in flower i would remove them spray mainly leaf undersides lightly everyday for 4 days and put a fan on them to dry faster then place back in flower room when dry (neem spray will burn leaves like nutes !!)

peace and natural
    freegrow
    MY HONOR IS MY LIFE

“The most tragic thing in the world is a man of genius who is not a man of honor.”

Status
    Country
    Canada
    Liked
    404 times
    my remedy for mites is. have a heavy duty shop vac for your floors and walls with organicide or some cleaner. I usually use 99% iso alcohol to spray everything with(this is with a clean empty room). Then I do a bomb a two day sulpher burn and go through with a heavy neem solution and spray down the area.

Live plants. Fresh water sprayed on them everyday will disturb them from colonizing on your plants. Some hippies use lemon juice, Cayenne pepper extracts, garlic and other essential oils. I water in azamax at 2ml/gal and use neem once a week with coco wet all the way up to week 3 or so flower then it's just water with b-1 and maybe some 1/8 strength nitrozyme depending on strain and bud density. If neem doesn't do it add in azamax to foliar but be careful not to burn your plants. If azamax doesn't cut it try 'Mighty Wash' if that doesn't cut it try some Avid(last resort) if that doesn't cut it.. pull your shit out clean heavily and start over. if they come back. I'm so sorry but you might consider moving.

Keep it green!

Shaggy
    Smoking gardens clean dry!

set your piggies free
    Status
    Liked
    1167 times
    Neem Oil to the underside of the leaves when the lights are off. Again in 3 days and 3 days later. Got them all. It hasn't happened in veg for me yet.
    Before that I used Schultz brand 3 way and that did the trick too. Another 3 way I tried, whose name eludes me, didn't work.

Warm water, neem, a drop or two of dish washing liquid as a foamy wetting agent right before using, shake, and spray.
    Last edited by Piggie; 07-01-2012 at 04:13 PM.

Blazing Pistileros
    Status
    Country
    Spain
    Liked
    155 times
    hey guys
    i think you should use a lavender extract to get rid of the borgs, i ve tried it and it works great, doesn t burn up your leafs like neem and can be used as a vitamin spray once a week. (i don t spray anything on my plants once they hit the flowering room.

lavender organic extract from jaykush (organic guru)

Lavender flowers soaked in water for 24-48 hours. Strain the plant material out really well, then dilute 1:50 (20ml/Liter) with plain water and apply to the plants with a sprayer.

The ratio isn't critical, but it's something like 1 tbsp per cup of water.

You can use fresh or dried lavender, but keep in mind that as with all plant extracts, using dried material will give you a more potent extract.

For increased effectiveness, add a couple drops of a good natural soap (like Bronner's) to the diluted solution prior to spraying.

Be sure you spray all leaves. Especially pay attention to the undersides.

This treatment also seems to kill eggs.

Spray every 3-5 days until mites are eradicated.

cheers
    jeffman
    I & I believe the Cannabis Plant is sacred. I & I believe no authority on Earth has the right to prevent me from growing and using a plant that relieves my pain and brings me peace. The Herb is part of my religion

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    Belize
    Liked
    12822 times
    Jeffman,

thanks for the lavender mix.
    I have heard of this but could never find it anywhere.

peace,

Dublin.

Village Idiot
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    2232 times

get up close & personal turn over EVERY LEAF & apply with q-tip or small brush like Piggie said every 3 days.First thing in any war is to know your enemy so know the gestation period & make sure your persistent.

this mixed with neem or safer soap is my secret recipe for them lil fuckers above.....
    WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK!!!!! _Step Brothers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast