Terms
Advertise   Support WW    Contact   

Status
    Liked
    6 times
    Sorry if not the right place to post - couldn't find a problems thread.

Discovered tiny bud worms on my girl today. My heart broke. First grow, bagseed, only 1 outdoor plant. Been really slow but pretty happy up till now. 5 feet tall sativa dominant, over 20 branches, main cola wide as wrist and nearly long as forearm. Just a grow for personal medication.

Looking closer, picked off about 20 of the maggot sized beasts and squeezed their arses out their mouths. Only on lower branches nibbling at leaves of popcorn buds. Highly doubtful I got them all.

Only a couple weeks out from harvest. Paranoid I'll wake up to see a 6 foot bud worm beast ripped off its dial raiding my fridge for munchies.

What would you do? I'm thinking of spraying with a pyrethrum spray.

ground up
    Status
    Liked
    1077 times
    I wouldn't spray them with anything of that magnitude this late for my personal smoke.

Status
    Country
    China
    Liked
    104 times
    How about keeping it organic and getting a praying mantis and some lady birds. Soma used to use ladybirds with good results. Ive never had to use them but id first do that . Please dont spray chemicals on your nice bud !

Let them finish . Make hash from the buds if they are ruined.
    Im sorry to hear that about your grow.

I hope it works out sorry to hear about that.

Xie Xie

Lao

Forbidden seedschines praying mantis.pngladybug.jpg

Is it 420 Yet?
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    3984 times
    Just watch the plant as closely as possible, you should be able to keep these guys at bay by picking them off by hand and killing them. I'd go out there once in the morning and once in the evening and look closely and pick off any bug you find and eat it. Or just squish them if your queasy, LOL. I hope everything is going well for you and yours

mal

Status
    Country
    China
    Liked
    104 times
    lol yes. squish them but thats not a long term solution. need to find a natural predator like the ladbugs or praying mantis. the other route is chemical spray however i would NEVER do that. you gotta get over this as you dont want this happening every grow and if they have taken hold it will !

xie xie
    Lao

ALL content is for informational and educational purposes only,
and intended for visitors 18 Years of age and Older!

Copyright ©2007-2019 WeedWatch.com Powered by Cannavelli Brands LLC. Sponsors | Link Partners   xhtml valid   Subscribe to Weed Watch Magazine's RSS Feed