Terms
Advertise   Support WW    Contact   
    Solid.

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    2032 times
    I know that the vast majority of people on this site like Cannabis. That may even be an understatement. Unfortunately, I have something shameful to admit. . .

I am a fair weather friend of Cannabis. Not a dedicated, through thick and thin, rain or snow, kind of friend. I love it, I smoke it but I don't dare admit it. Why? Well, several reasons, some of which may be a bit more dubious than others.

Firstly, it's still illegal on a Federal level. If the current workings are any indication of how long it would take to clear up something in Federal court, I never want to be there, ever.

Second, my lovely wife is not in a profession where she can be "relaxed" about her cannabis usage or share experiences about it with others.

Third, I am selfish. I'm somewhat ashamed to admit it but over the years, I've found that being up front about your Cannabis usage can really bring forth the mooches. I fuckin' hate mooches.

Fourth and finally, I haven't the spare time I would like to have. I work a daytime job and post of that I really prefer not to do much of anything but enjoy a bit of the aforementioned herb. Also, as a member of a "smaller" community, I know that my public appearance could soon be a private embarrassment and cost me money in the way of customers. The almighty dollar, eh?

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    16 times
    I see nothing in your post that you should be ashamed of. It's an unfortunate truth that many adults (myself included) have to be "in the closet" about using cannabis. The reason is, as we all know, many people's views of cannabis are based on ignorance and false information provided by the anti-drug campaigns. The way to get past this is to educate people on the truths about cannabis, but a lot of us are not in a position where we can do this without unacceptable loses (family, friends, etc...). That's why we have orginazations like NORMAL and LEAP to fight these battles and hopefully they are doing a good job.

The shame isn't yours. The shame lies with our society.

ALL content is for informational and educational purposes only,
and intended for visitors 18 Years of age and Older!

Copyright ©2007-2019 WeedWatch.com Powered by Cannavelli Brands LLC. Sponsors | Link Partners   xhtml valid   Subscribe to Weed Watch Magazine's RSS Feed