Terms
Advertise   Support WW    Contact   
    OG/TSD Refugee
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    3189 times
    I'll Start by say not my design or build just providing info.
    Author:I2KanGrow of ICMag

Here's a pictorial step-by-step on assembly of my NGB hood. I couldn't find any information on the design of the original hood in the sticky, so I decided to "roll my own", so to speak:

This took some time, but with the pictures in the orig. NGB thread (THANKS Gantz!!), a pencil, paper, rulers and a calculator, I was able to design the hood, drafted in post #1, and cut-out, here. All cuts in the sheetmetal were made with a power handsaw (sabre saw), fitted with a fine metal blade.

I accomplished the bending by clamping the hood between a piece of angle iron and a piece of wood, right on the line where I wanted the bend, then I just bent it by hand... nothing fancy here!!

The hood actually bent quite well, not perfect, but good enough! - I'm now ready to stick it all together with pop rivets.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." Hunter S. Thompson
    Overgrow Original | Sp3cialSt3v3420 | 2001 - 2006 | Overgrow The World
    TSD OG 2011-2013 | Hippie420 | Former Forums Manager

OG/TSD Refugee
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    3189 times

Fitting the cooltube:

created a hole template by calculating the ratio of the "rise and run" on the hood slope, then distorted a 4" circle in Photoshop to reflect the calculations - the ellipse didn't look right...

...but it ended-up being a pretty great fit!
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." Hunter S. Thompson

OG/TSD Refugee
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    3189 times

Here's a rough-in of my Bake-a-round tube loosely fitted into the hood, to give an idea of how it'll all come together in the end. I'm torn between gluing mylar or painting white - but I'm leaning toward white paint. I'm trying to design a "bat-wing" insert to put behind the Bake-a-round tube in order to deflect the light better, perhaps I'll mylar that portion only.

Total cost so far:
    Bake-a-Round - Ebay $17.00
    Sheetmetal - 2 pieces - $13.08, Rivets - $3.97, Washers - $1.97 - Lowes
    TOTAL - $36.02

Hope everyone enjoys this

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    Canada
    Liked
    31 times
    Nice job! I would go with flat titanium white for the inside, if the glass should ever get cracked the mylar may get a little too warm. Unlikely, but I'm all for defensive growing! $36.02 and the pride of building your own, priceless. Thanks for the post!

WEEDWATCH AEROPONICS GURU
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    146 times
    Dude..if you were female..id marry your ass..lol

ANOTHER GREAT THREAD HIPPIE!

BUT....Canna's Back!
    WEEDWATCH'S AEROPONICS GURU AND SITE SUPPORTER.

“ In case you haven't noticed - which you haven't, 'cause from what I can tell, you don't notice anything ever - we are not very functional when we're high..”

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    Canada
    Liked
    31 times
    LOL...If I were female, You'd smoke my ass! (But I'd be a good sativa with no ceiling.)