Terms
Advertise   Support WW    Contact   
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Status
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentVonblown View Post
    Probably one of the most interesting things I could say about Wonderbud. Would be it's ability to produce similarity of bud, from seed. The seed line actually ended up being more stable then what one would expect to see from some clones.

Bill had made that comment to me a number of times. About the incredible stability that his Wonderbud presented. And I'd have to say I agree with him on that point.
    I had a patient who unfortunately had a cancer remission and passed away a few months ago. He was a Cali native, had multiple biology degrees and worked with breeding and propagation specifically tissue culture manipulation.

Anyway, we got to be friends. His wife had multiple disagreements with the Hospice people so I volunteered to help her. We had become pretty good friends by then.

Anyway, about a month after he passed his wife came to me and said that xxxx had left me something is his last handwritten will.

She took me to a closet and in it was a tremendous collection of seeds. It's hard to even estimate the amount. It also had three journals which documented the strains. The problem is much is hard to decipher as he worded details by references he would understand but difficult for me to get.

One that I did get was one called Wonderbud. He had it notated as a 8+ out of 10 and some other notes.

I wonder how he got this, if it would be the same as yours and if you have time to respond, I would like to go private and see if he sounds familiar. I am extremely interested in this plant as I popped four of them and they are beastly healthy. I am far from newb time. I have a solid 6 years of growing plus the short time he and I were acquainted he gave me in 8 months 2 years of botany instruction. I now want to breed. Obviously My point in mentioning my experience is that I am experienced enough to recognize properties of plants in the seedling stage to be able to see that this one has an amazingly robust root health, responds to bacterial inoculation more quickly than any plant I have ever dealt with, the formation of secondary rooting structure is warp speed. I am truly impressed. I focus a lot on roots as my friend introduced me to the world of soil science and bacterial and root interactions, especially quorum sensing between roots, fungi, and ever more in the inter biome signaling and root exudate interactions. Sorry if I am getting nerdy but I am nerdy.

I would appreciate any information you can share. He originally lived in SFV and then moved to teach and research at Berkeley. He had a farm farther north that was fairly well known for his summer get togethers. He was acquainted with some names of really old school MJ people. All this is very much a mystery to me in a sense as he was a very quiet, intelligent, and would talk cannabis for hours. Which we did. However, he was reluctant to share much personal information. Maybe because he didn't really know me that well, plus he had just gotten a death sentence. I loved the guy and was very sad to see him move on in such pain.

Anyway. Anything would be appreciated.

fwiw his wife told me he also worked at the University of Mississippi for a short period but was fired. (The plot thickens)
    Last edited by LookoutFarms; 03-22-2015 at 01:49 AM. Reason: add info

Site Supporter

Status
    Liked
    434 times
    I'd given out a lot of original Wonderbud and other seeds, on Marc Emery's cannabis culture site about 10 or 12 years ago.

Site Supporter

Status
    Liked
    434 times
    You can see a picture of "original Wonderbud" in the Wonder Seeds promo vid. It's the first picture that pops up with the Superjack bud.

Site Supporter

Status
    Liked
    434 times
    People from all over the world received free seed at that time^^... Wonderbud, had a very short shelf life as seed product... Most seed lasts about 5 years at room temperature. The original wonderbud wouldn't go more then 2 or 3 years maximum before the seed would die.

Site Supporter

Status
    Liked
    434 times
    The red in the leaf on Wonderbud, would be caused if any cold air got in your grow during winter time. As opposed to it being a dominate genetic trait.

Wonderbud was also noted for special flavor of mentholatum... As Bill Wonder had original called the strain (Vic's Vapor Rub X Reddenbacher 413). If you have this bud, you will definetly know it when you smoke it.

Status
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you. I will update if you want. I talked to hish wife last night. She wasn't really happy that I had gone all proactive on this right now and said that I probably read it wrong. She thinks it's something he brought back from a visit to Europe when he was in remission.

I'm leaving it alone for now until I talk with her. I need to find out what the real deal is. I don't live life through subtleties. I like things direct. She wasn't mad but did say that I shouldn't be talking about getting some seeds. Which I don't understand. So I will check back after I find out what the hell is going on. I popped two others that I think might be interesting. I would mainly like to find out which one is his Blueberry. I don't know what the real one would look like, but the two he grew I want to find. Smell was complex.

Seems like the seed business is kind of crazy. I have always had great clone donors and I would just gift them back after I grew them to moms. So, I never knew about all this seed information, misinformation, and disinformation going around. On some forums people are trying to meet up IRL to fight about this stuff.....Nutjobs. So, I'm gonna chill 'til she gets back and find out what is what.

Anyway, thanks again for responding.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567