Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Riot or Not

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    13943 times
    Well, slap me and call me susan, LOL. Let me first say it's a pleasure and honor to have you on my thread and Weed Watch Mr. Mattewriot. This place is perfect for someone as yourself to clear the air and let people know you and your hard work. Weed watch is a place for a lot of misfits and humble folks, that have come to a point in life where we are tried of the negative side of the community, whether we've created or started on other sites. Everyone her is respectfull and does not slander each other. I really am blown away that your here. I have dove into some research and the duns is right that the infomation has been deleted or misled by others. The Duns opinion is well respected by me and others cause he's a straght up great dude and awsome grower eager to seperate the hype from the meds. Just as your name rings bells from here to China. LOL. I am one not to fall for rumors but hard not to listen to em. I have seen some arguements you have been in and I get turned off by negativity for that's what feeds the Dragon inside me. I hope you stay and help us and the community grow into something so great and powerfull and positive that no government or county tirant can shut us down. I did honostly gave up on reshearch on you work because I couldnt' find any grows or shows, just straight people bashing you without any proof of grows. I dont work or am affiliated with any company, and Promise you sir I will funk on your magik beans to my best abilties. I like the way you can in bro, stating and not slaying. This is a perfect platform for you to tell and show your trueself. I know you dont need to prove anything to us or the world, but I think you can agree that peeps jumped on the van wagon without doing the work. No one on Weed Watch has slammed your work or your just stated what they've heard or read. So in saying you have it right by saying it's not our fault to be led astray, but you are here to prove other wise, and thank you for that. I just hope everyone keeps it respectfull and pleasant and show the world what we ALL are about, healing and growing as a society of like and polite minded people. So from me and everyone here, chill and plant some roots here and grow with us brother. I dont judge by peoples past, just what they do now and the future, and damn bro it's looking sunny and bright so let's take flight and keep it tight like our doobies. FUNK ON
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthewriot View Post
    Hey y'all - funkmonk glad to see you have some of our gear to run. I don't usually jump in on people's threads about us, but there was quite a bit of misinformation laid out by the duns above that I had to chime in.

First we do not get all of our genetics through thievery. this was a rumour started by raskal and heath Robinson about 4 years ago. The facts are out there, if you choose to read why that rumor was started or just to read what some idiot says, that's up to you. But you're not the first to buy into it and I'm sure certainly not the last. So that's not mean to be mean to you.

secondly, I'm not sure if i've ever spoken to you. your name on here doesn't ring a bell, but if you had spoken to me before you'd probably already had known how much BS the first statement was =).

third. I created my own reversing agent - SIlver Nitrate ACS, which is different from typical silver nitrate and Sodium Thiosulfate. So it's actually STS ACS. Makes a big difference when it comes to reversals, how it physically affects the plant being reversed etc.

Fourth - Herm rates. Our gear has less herm rates than most breeders out there. There's been two or three people that blasted the internet with bullshit about herm rates... you can tell it's just a few people by the massive amoun of cutting and pasting. but our real customers know the real deal. Saying someone's shit herms is a quick and cheap way to slam any breeder. Herms do happen, however in the many thousands of packs of seeds we've sold I can count the number of herms that people have grown for our plants that were NOT due to their environment or feeding on one hand. Not a bad result.

Five - the prices... OHHH THE PRICES. I'm not a big spanish breeder with a big warehouse to breed and make millions of seeds. Im a single person with less space than I'd like. I do not grow for bud production just seed production. My seed prices are based on stock, demand, and how much it;s going to take to recoup costs and make enough to survive on for the next few months as I make more seeds. You notice some of our strains are as cheap as $40, we usually do sales and have massive giveaways...hell We've given away more seeds than we've sold. Now if you're insinuating I should lose money to provide the people of the world with seeds...I'm sorry, I just can't afford to do that but I guarantee you I don't make a lot of money. In fact I'd be willing to bet I'm one of the most ghetto and broke breeders on the planet. So with that said if you disagree with the prices, that's definitely your prerogative, however at least understand why things are priced the way they are. Like I said, there's prices that can match ANY budget on our site.

Six - we are STILL the only seed company with an open policy supporting terminally ill and cancer patients with free packs of seeds. We believe in true MEDICAL cannabis. Strains that aren't just slammed together and marketed. We know our strains and we KNOW what we're breeding with inside and out. So it's not just about medical viability (meaning that it has some sort of REAL relevance to contributing to a condition) as well as supplying these for free to cancer patients.

So add that to your pros will ya?

Anyway, again I understand that it's easy to buy into propaganda put out by our competitors and other seed companies, so I'm not blaming you, but it would be nice if people would research stuff before they spread on more erroneous information.

With that said, enjoy FunkMonk!
    Funk Monk

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    1965 times
    Yo susan, remind me to slap you the first time we meet. lol Glad to see the lines of communication open and available. That is what makes this place so great. I'm sure we can pick on any breeder, pollen chunker or grower for that matter but this place is a step above most and that is how it stays so funky in here.

I hope riot sticks around and let my ww family get to know him like I have. Don't be afraid to ask him anything about weed. He seems to have been around it all his life and very knowledgeable about many strains. He will be a nice add on to the wealth of knowledge all you masters bring to the table.

Any way, let me shut da hell up and sit back and watch the funk. Duns, I like the way you keep it real and don't pass judgement until you see it with your on eyes. You guys are my hero's and I very proud of that!!

Funkysusan is going to rock the hell out of his gear like always. School has now started once again for me.
    Last edited by OldLuck; 08-10-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Breeder
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    1541 times
    Hey yall - Im running in and out but there was a quick thing I wanted to correct. I states I have an OPEN policy of donating to med patients, meaning it's clearly stated and they know they can come to me ANY time. I won't speak on any other breeders here, because I'm not here to clam anyone or let you know my person interactions with people so I'll stay away from that topic, but yeah, we've been around quite a while now, several years before even having a seed company that SOLD seeds we spent 5 or so years donating our genetics to cancer patients and GROWING for cancer patients under the non profit San Diego Urban Growers Society. During that time I had a well paying web dev job so everything I grew went out the door for free. Several other companies helped participate in this effort - Buddha Seeds, Mr. Nice, Delta 9 Labs, Resin Seeds, BC Grown, the list goes on and on. Now when you speak about me using others genetics for my own gain. From that time I had a few seeds left over after I lost my job and we had to close down. The only seeds I used for any breeding were with the breeders permission - Serious Seeds Ak47, Buddha Seeds White Dwarf, and Mr. Nice Neville's Skunk. There were NO american OR California companies that participated in anything we did...and that's fine, again that's their prerogative, but for them to come back and talk shit about something they don't know about... it's silly. I guess in their eyes it was uncouth of me to STOP doing what I was doing because I no longer could afford it and do what I did best for a living now...breed. Again, it was done with permission from those breeders, this is also 5 yearsish ago. You can find interviews with us in Soft Secrets, treating yourself and a few other publications during those years when we were strictly focused on getting meds to terminally ill and cancer patients. Again, I WILL reiterate it was done 100% non profit and 100% of any cash expense came out of my pocket. We did have help from Nutrient companies and breeders who were all about what we were about. OG Raskal was not part of that group. So for them to speak on any of this business was just pure speculation at that point. I had a post about this for years on my site, but I figured it was old rumors and pretty lame to even bring up all of these years later to give it any creedence, so it was removed this year. Apparently it was a year too soon =).

As for your friends or friends of friends having herms... that's a common complaint with no substantiation. I also have an open policy to replace anyone this happens to IF it happens... easy enough, again something all my customers know about. Not sure why the friends of friends never contact me. And that's not saying it's not possible, it's just no one has ever contacted me that hasn't been taken care of. So feel free to let them know that theduns. If they can be substantiated as customers from me I'll be happy to hook them up.

Now that that's out of the way, feel free to hit me up with any questions, concerns, comments yada yada. I'm an open book and pretty easy to get ahold of. I'm never too busy to respond to any emails (sometimes too stoned, but I'll eventually get to it lol).

I'll go through the posts in a little bit, and I'll be happy to open up a help desk or something here. If y'all do contests I'd be happy pitch in on those as well..not sure what the rules are here, I still need to go over them. Thanks to everyone who posted in here, and yes even you theduns, regardless if we disagree you've been very cordial and polite so I appreciate that and will always show ya the same respect brother.

Breeder
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    1541 times
    Oh and a quick postscript -

You will VERY RARELY find any grows of our gear as people get banned or have their threads removed on several of the larger sites for showing them. Each owner of their site has a reason and posting each one here would just be firing up more BS so I'll refrain, but you can always find grows on our website. I don't really post my own grows of our stuff anymore as I got slammed for doing that for a bit saying I was the only one who could grow it like that... so now I leave it up to friends and customers like Old Luck and hundreds of other people. Most people have learned that posting good grows of our gear gets erased and is a waste of time. It's a bummer but it's how the big boys roll. The Seed business is a dirty mudslinging affair, and if I did anything better than breeding I'd have been long gone after the whole business with the Attitude.

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    Belize
    Liked
    12822 times
    Thanks for refraining from the tit for tat bullshit Matthew,

The wheels are in motion on a page for you.

Just waiting for a reply.

peace,

DSF.

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    Belize
    Liked
    12822 times
    Matthew that forum is ready.

peace,

DSF.

Is it 420 Yet?
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    2606 times
    im sorry i know I aint been in this game long but of all the sites in all of internet land that I have been on and am still on this one has gravitated the coolest peeps most lay'ed back breeders ( that I have come in contact with ) like Crom ,Tre ...........it just seems to me that the jealousy and petty squabbles of of this type look a lot like corporate mongering where a small group of people try to control everything in the industry ( dont get me wrong either Riot I respect you staying true to the compassion side of this game ) over greed and pride , hell if I make a bad ass strain and someone makes it better is that such a bad thing because im in my very limited humble opinion inclined to think that everyone can make seeds but only the gifted can make magic and marketable seeds that will stand the test of time, so if we of the weed community see a gifted breeder its in the best interest of our community to advance and support them never know what they might find and create ...........unless they rip people off or are undesirable in some other way but just from fear of losing a $ and pride we will miss a lot of good weed people in this way .sorry for the rant but greed dont belong in this movement we the solders in the war on stupidity and the dollar ...dont they see that its how all this started JMHO

peace and compassion
    freegrow
    MY HONOR IS MY LIFE

“The most tragic thing in the world is a man of genius who is not a man of honor.”

what's cracking
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    1126 times
    lol Glad to see you here mr.riot i just got my order today...
    Last edited by taaldow; 08-11-2012 at 03:24 AM.

Ameri-canna
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    3991 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OldLuck View Post
    I haven't seen to many breeders or seeds that are hermie free totally. A lot of time it's in the genes of the strains being used, some is bad breeding, but most of time the grower needs to take blame more then the breeder.
    QFT. Hermies are not a breeder problem, IMHO; they're a cultivator problem. My first question when a plant herms in my garden: "What did I do wrong?" If the answer to my first question is "nothing," my second question is, "What did I miss?" If a plant can grow w/o herming outdoors - and I've seen very few that can't, myself - then it's not the plant; it's my skills that are the problem.

I've run Riot gear nearly exclusively for the last 18+ months. I've yet to encounter any problems for which I could fault the breeder. And Riot's gear is badass across the spectrum - even his low dollar stuff is spectacular. I ran his Oceanside Purple Paki, a $40 pack of beans, and was blown away with the quality that came out of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is it 420 Yet?
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    2606 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
    QFT. Hermies are not a breeder problem, IMHO; they're a cultivator problem. My first question when a plant herms in my garden: "What did I do wrong?" If the answer to my first question is "nothing," my second question is, "What did I miss?" If a plant can grow w/o herming outdoors - and I've seen very few that can't, myself - then it's not the plant; it's my skills that are the problem.

I've run Riot gear nearly exclusively for the last 18+ months. I've yet to encounter any problems for which I could fault the breeder. And Riot's gear is badass across the spectrum - even his low dollar stuff is spectacular. I ran his Oceanside Purple Paki, a $40 pack of beans, and was blown away with the quality that came out of it.

that some foo funkin fire right there bro nice work

peace and greens
    freegrow
    MY HONOR IS MY LIFE

“The most tragic thing in the world is a man of genius who is not a man of honor.”

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast