Gage Green Grape Stomper x OG SMOKE REPORT

"Big League Chew" pheno

SAM_3862.jpgSAM_3864.jpgSAM_3855.jpgSAM_3856.jpg

"50/50" pheno

SAM_3884.jpgSAM_3886.jpgSAM_3880.jpgSAM_3881.jpg

"OG" pheno

SAM_3866.jpgSAM_3867.jpgSAM_3868.jpg

BEFORE THE CURE-

right after the chop these ladies all had a similar smell range. they all exhibited a sweet grapey candy smell. the BLC was the sweetest smelling of the bunch and the frostiest. smelled more or less like grape bubblegum. torward the end of flowering, her leaves tinted out purple, dark enough to see under the thin layer of frost that covered them. buds were kind of wispy, none bigger than a golfball.. the "50/50" was 2nd strongest in smell, with the same grape smell but muh less candy sweetness to it.. the buds were bigger and more dense than the BLC. much better yielder than the BLC pheno but still nothing incredible. the "OG" pheno was OG dominant and almost had no smell to it in flowering. decent trich coverage, and was the best yielder out the bunch. super heavy rock hard nugs with typical OG formation.

AFTER 2 WEEK CURE-

BLC- smells upon grinding the bud is a grape/citrusy candy smell. grape dominating the smell department. taking the initial pull, it tatses like im inhaling grape pixie-dust candy. very sweeet, with a lil OG kush aftertaste on the exhale... the smoke is very sugary- almost powdery, and doesnt have much lung expansion... by the time i was finished smoking my spliff, i felt a relaxing high but not the typical heavy stone i was anticipating from this strain. it was more of a clearheaded and light-weight strain.

50/50-- smells upon grinding is a heavy grape citric gasoline smell. very pungent, and has very similair smell of grape as the BLC but much less sweeter, and leaning more on the skunky side of sweet, along with a very small hint of the gasloline/fuel type aroma that accompanies some OG kush strains. the smoke is much thicker than the BLC. its has the lung expansion of a kush, but not a heavy one. the grape aroma has a very strong doughy taste that is very odd. the strain is also a clearheaded more light weight strain. didnt hold me down or melt my face. this is day time smoke for sho.

"OG"- the smells upon grinding a bud were citrusy, piney with a small hint of gasoline and the signature grape smell that the other phenos exhibited. this OG kush dominant pheno is super piney with the gasoline not coming through on the taste. the initial hit tastes like a typical OG kush ive bought around my area. its super piney with small hints of lemon and orange, plus the grape candy smell that follows. the lung expansion on it was strongest of the 3 but managable. this was suprisingly not a super heavy high. something that you can smoke and function throughout the day.

overall this isnt a bad strain. it exhibits EXCELLENT frost production and some nice sweet grape smells... BUT this strain was a dissapointment for me personally. i have heard so much hype about this strain and have concluded for myself that thats all it is. HYPE. i dont want to upset anybody by telling my opinion because thats all it is... i was expecting much much more from the Grape Stomper or any of its crosses after how i heard about the super high thc nd its facemelting high. its not a bad strain, but feel like there are many strains out there that deserve way more hype than this one has gotten. if your looking for a grape strain with decent potency or a strain with nice bag apeal... this ones for you. personally for me, thats not enough.
    Last edited by theduns; 07-23-2012 at 04:51 AM.
    (((theduns)))
    CURRENTLY TESTING= Illuminati Seeds "Tootsie Roll", Illuminati Seeds "Wife Beater", Motarebel's Orange Diesel x LBL, Sub Rosa Gardens "Reptilian OG", Loompas "Moondawg" F2, MOIO's CrazyHaze x Banana Bubba OG & CrazyHaze x Trinity OG

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    Belize
    Liked
    12822 times
    Theduns.

Thanks for a great and honest report.
    It is always great to see someone tell it as it is.

peace,

Dublin.

Status
    Liked
    118 times
    thanks for the report. i sense a lot of gg is supported by hype.

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    13943 times
    Good Shiite Duns. No shame in the truth. Maybe ya didnt get the hand to win this round, heading eastbound. Well I still wanna smoke some. LOL FUNK ON
    Funk Monk

Surviving the Game
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    3871 times
    Honesty is the best policy.....

Sometimes they Hit ,sometimes they don't.

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    987 times
    Expectations are a bitch aren't they theduns.... I believe the Grape Stomper will be a great cross tool. I already have trainwreck x (GS x AWW) , Chem D x (GS x AWW) and Grape stomper x (cheese xAWW) in triple crosses as well as Double grape (GS x Grape Krush) x 88g13HP and I have the Double Grape (GS x Grape Crush) x (PE x HB x WH X AWW) in a 6 way poly hybred cross. So it will add a lot of sweetness to the crosses as well as other traits. It is a good solid purple strain to cross with but not the end all for sure.

Look at it like the Banana OG crosses. The Banana needs to be crossed with something strong to give it a good kick in the ass that is needed. The Grape Stomper has nice trich production and a sweet candy flavor but needs the same kick in the ass. Imagine grape Stomper x Irujkanji? That would be sweet fire..... I also appreciate your honesty theduns as I feel you nailed it with this strain....

Dankness

Status
    Country
    Canada
    Liked
    404 times
    got some reg banna in socal that was mighty strong once. made stop smokin for a couple weeks. lol.

Is it 420 Yet?
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    3984 times
    Thanks for the honesty, it is a rarity these days. I don't know how many seeds/plants of each you ran but I run a whole pack when I'm testing out something new. I figure with 10 regular seeds you will average 4-5 females and thats a decent number to try. There aren't many if any seeds that you can pop 1 seed and get an idea what the strain is like from that 1 seed. About 20 years ago a guy gave me a few buds to try and 1 had 4 seeds in it, I grew those seeds and got 2 females and grew them side by side. They were as different as can be, 1 was a pole plant and the other was a bushy leaf monster. When they went into bud the pole had golf balls all over it that reaked and the bush had huge airy donky dicks with almost no smell. The pole turned almost black and the bush got green to yellow. When I smoked the 2 the pole ripped my head off- one of the best plants I have grown to date, and the bush was so so at best -I gave it away because I had clones of the pole plant. These seeds came from the same bud, growing either seed alone would have given completely different versions of that strain. The strain was AK47, pollinated by AK47. Just an observation from an old fart, no disrespect meant. Take care and I hope all is well with you and yours

mal

ground up
    Status
    Liked
    1077 times
    The truecannabliss head seads Casey Jones cut was found in 1-2 seeds if I remember correctly...

They essentially built the 2nd half of their co with her, and the remainder of the pack unpopped....

Draw your own conclusions

Is it 420 Yet?
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    3984 times
    Thats called good luck LOL, Hope all is well

mal