Terms
Advertise   Support WW    Contact   
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Liked
    34 times
    Hi, guys, I've got kind of a stupid question, but I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable can point me in the right direction. My main experience with vape pens has been when friends bring one by. I like that the high is pretty smooth but I wasn't really blown away or anything. But lately people have been kind of freaking me out by saying that I'm putting myself in a health risk by not vaping. I had asthma as a kid but other than the standard cough, I don't feel like I smoke weed so much to develop a severe health problem. My friend suggested this 710 vape pen but I don't know if it's worth getting for safety reasons? Someone on this forum mentioned smoking and vaping are pretty much the same when it gets down to it so I'm not sure if it's better just sticking to my simple glass pipe. Anyone who has any experience with 710 vape pens (or vape pens in general), I'd love to get some down-to-earth unbiased feedback!

Village Idiot
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    2232 times
    Are you referring to using oils/waxes or herb in your pen?
    I am a full time SSV user for like 8-9 year snow and I also have my Cloud V pen for wax. There is a huge difference on the long term like that dreaded cough..... I cough now & I may end up on the floor from the size of the hit. Mrs has hit the floor 5 times myself 2-3 and no rookies here.
    I like the Cloud V for a couple reasons the main being the lifetime replacement on their platinum batteries. Their attachments like the bubbler are a lil over priced but a novelty worth having.
    Cloud has new solid ceramic atomizers so you will not be getting the nasty rubber taste from them. I just keep some 91% at hand and if the draw is off it gets cleaned.
    As far as portable herbal vapes I dont use them or havent yet anyway. If I am outdoors and have flowers they become sacrament beneath my flame, old school I guess. hope this helped.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by unmeg; 07-22-2015 at 01:03 AM.
    WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK!!!!! _Step Brothers

Status
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by unmeg View Post
    Are you referring to using oils/waxes or herb in your pen?
    I am a full time SSV user for like 8-9 year snow and I also have my Cloud V pen for wax. There is a huge difference on the long term like that dreaded cough..... I cough now & I may end up on the floor from the size of the hit. Mrs has hit the floor 5 times myself 2-3 and no rookies here.
    I like the Cloud V for a couple reasons the main being the lifetime replacement on their platinum batteries. Their attachments like the bubbler are a lil over priced but a novelty worth having.
    Cloud has new solid ceramic atomizers so you will not be getting the nasty rubber taste from them. I just keep some 91% at hand and if the draw is off it gets cleaned.
    As far as portable herbal vapes I dont use them or havent yet anyway. If I am outdoors and have flowers they become sacrament beneath my flame, old school I guess. hope this helped.
    Cool, thanks for the info - I had been planning on vaping herb. I'm pretty simple when it comes to this sort of thing but I guess if I just educate myself a bit, it will all be second nature sooner than later. I've smoked wax out of a glass pipe mixed in with herb before but haven't vaped wax or oil so I might be in over my head with that but I guess it can't be that complicated. What do you recommend when vaping? Wax/oil or straightforward weed?

Status
    Liked
    34 times
    So, after some lengthy research, I think I've finally decided I'm going to save up for a Volcano once I get used top vaping and in the meantime get one of these Pax 2 vaporizers for portable use. I haven't found much critical negativity for either one of them. If anyone has any warnings, please let me know now! LOL

Solid.

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    2032 times
    Make absolutely sure you're getting a "PAX by PLOOM" unit. There are dozens upon dozens of bootleg copies out there. They fail quickly and don't charge, nor do they have the features of the OEM unit. The real PAX units are super cool.
    Anything you want, anything at all, come to me. I'll be your guardian angel. . . - Juno Reactor

Jetwaterpipes.com

pyptek.com

My Grow

Village Idiot
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    2232 times
    Ok when it comes to vapes I use and have used the same SSV for better part of 9 years now. The first vape I every use was a Volcano back in 99' and it was super cool and effective. After a few years using vapes I gotta say the SSV was it for me.
    With the volcano you have moving parts and they will eventually fail. You have to what for the bag to fill, you cant hook it up to a bong, parts arent cheap.
    Lucky for me I dont have to buy one. I did however just get my new Cloud V battery replacement in the mail. Time to pick up some shatter.
    I really have no input on a pen for herb but know Cloud offers them as well. Follow Osprey's advice and make sure you are getting the real deal.
    Last edited by unmeg; 09-29-2015 at 02:13 AM.

Status
    Liked
    34 times
    My only hesitation with the SSV (if that's the same as the Silver Surfer) is that I heard their customer service is a nightmare! If I can find a Silver Surfer without having to go through their CS, I might go for it over the Volcano when the time comes. I've heard they're awesome.

Solid.

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    2032 times
    The SSV is a solid unit and with little modification/accessories it can be attached to a water pipe, ice chamber, whatever with some tubing. Built like a tank, mine is anyway.
    Anything you want, anything at all, come to me. I'll be your guardian angel. . . - Juno Reactor

Jetwaterpipes.com

pyptek.com

My Grow

Village Idiot
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    2232 times
    That crinkling bag gets old fast and you have less control of the individual hit. My SSV is glowing now like it has since day one.
    I watched two separate Volcanos go in for repair, my SSV only glass that I broke......
    Attached Images Attached Images

Status
    Liked
    34 times
    Cool - I wonder if I can still get my hands on an earlier model Silver Surfer? Those seem to be the best from what I've heard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast