Terms
Advertise   Support WW    Contact   

Status
    Country
    Aaland
    Liked
    55 times
    I have a 250w cool tube in a small closet 2.2w x 1.11d x 5.11h feet. I have a small passive intake at the base of the closet . I have ducting drawing air from the base of the over the tube and out of the closet n 2 small 10 cm fans for circulation. The closet is a stealth grow in my walk in wardrobe. Temperature on a cheap $2 mercury room gauge is reading 92F with the light 2ft away. It doesn't feel hot when I place my hand on the pot where the gauge is reading. Ideally I want to be under 90F but is this temperature to high for my grow. Any suggestions n advice welcomed. Am ordering a digital temp n humity reader as we speak

Village Idiot
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    2232 times
    I will answer this one because I am the king of hot grows lol. As long as the leaves arent turning or the tips showing signs of heat stress your fine.
    My closet ran at 90-95 in the summer months & I have seen grows outdoors in 110f but there was a swamp cooler involved. I would worry more about getting in fresh air & getting it moving around the plants. I use to use a bathroom exhaust fan to remove the air.
    WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK!!!!! _Step Brothers

Solid.

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    2032 times
    Heck yea. Even if it's hot, you can still keep the air fresh and healthy.
    Anything you want, anything at all, come to me. I'll be your guardian angel. . . - Juno Reactor

Jetwaterpipes.com

pyptek.com

My Grow

Status
    Country
    Aaland
    Liked
    55 times
    Thanks for your replys Here are some pics of the setup. ATM i Have 6 Mixed seed bought from buydutchseeds.com Jan 2011. Seeds are in Canna Terra Professional medium from start. I attempted to germinate 3 seeds in paper towel but after 2 weeks with no result I popped them n 3 more into the Canna Terra. Day 4 and no sign yet. I have ordered some Green House Great white shark feminized seeds with expected delivery in about 10 days. I will post a grow journals as the grow continues. Hoping to see some seeds pop through in the next week or if not I have some nice seeds coming. So question guys -
    How old or how long can you store your seed for before its no good?
    I plan on running 2 maybe 3 in the area but as you can see have very tight space.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Village Idiot
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    2232 times
    Seeds can stay viable for years in some cases. I myself say about 3-4 years max for cannabis but every year & conditions make all the difference.
    WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK!!!!! _Step Brothers

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Liked
    1696 times
    Hello, there rooster123 sweet little setup you got yourself, i started with something similar even with worst light than you have at your disposal, but i would suggest 1 or 2 things that can easily improve your setup a little. 1st would be to insulate the bottom of your tent or even get rid of it and just use the wardrobe alone as grow space but when you do that keep in mind you have a lil expense on white wall color or Mylar foil for good reflection plus some silicone to make it all air tight. 2nd i would suggest is a active intake, in this kind of setup you can easily use a big Pc vent and a 12 volt charging cable to power it, with these Pc vents i pulled of attic grows that had temperatures with 40 degrees Celsius outdoors and they managed to keep the attic temperature at 25-30 degrees Celsius with direct sun on it. I hope you have fun with your lil garden, eventually my advises are of any use to you. Keep up your hobby, these ladies pay back ten fold the effort you put into them.

Keep safe! have a nice day, Peace and !

P.s.: Oh and you should definitely put the electric installations, cords and especially the ballast out of there, this can also be the cause of these high temps but i mention it mainly because of safety issues high humidity or even splash water could ruin your equipment, even can lead to a fire. Safety first^^, Peace.
    Last edited by Abek666; 05-30-2013 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Forgot something^^

Status
    Liked
    1 times
    YOu have any fans in there? You got to move the air inside your grow space.