Terms
Advertise   Support WW    Contact   
    Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    98 times
    Me and a friend of mine want to start a business growing marijuana but we want to know what we will need and a rough estimate of how much all the equipment will cost. If you can, please give the indoor version and/or the outdoor version. I found one article which says it will take $ 140, is this right?

Many of you are professional marijuana growers with years of experience. It probably makes you laugh to see the stumbling confusion I’ve been writing about in my series of articles about when I first started growing.
    My first marijuana grow was just one plant and really my main goal was to get a decent harvest of kind buds without having to spend more than a few pennies on supplies.
    I stuck the plant in Fox Farm Ocean Forest supplemented with 2-2-2 Insect Frass, and hoped for the best, even though the hydroponics store guy assured me that by the time bloom phase rolled around, the soil would be depleted and I would be forced to add nutrients. I wanted to see if I could defy that prediction and get a successful harvest.
    In grow phase, I was getting fast growth and dark green leaves.

I put the plant into bloom phase when it was around three feet tall. About a week later, I noticed that the growing tips (the newest, youngest leaves), were a light green color…much lighter than healthy leaves should be.
    The grow store guy said it was sulfur deficiency that could be corrected by foliar spraying and root feeding Epsom salts.
    But he said even if I fixed the sulfur deficiency, I would begin to see other problems too.
    The Epsom salts fixed the initial problem, within five days. But then other problems began to show up: purple stems, fringing on the leaves, yellow spots on the leaves.
    These are classic signs of deficiencies or lock-outs in calcium, potassium or phosphorus.
    The hydro store guy said Ocean Forest is a great marijuana-growing soil but will not provide you the right amounts of calcium, phosphorus and potassium all the way through bloom phase.
    He gave me sample packets of Roots Organic Bloom fertilizer. It was a dry mix fertilizer. I used it but my marijuana plant still showed problems.
    Then the hydro store guy said discontinue the Epsom Salts and buy a “natural” General Hydroponics liquid calcium supplement, along with Fox Farm Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom nutrients.
    I hated to part with the money, but I bought the products. They did not make the deficiency symptoms go away. In fact, the sulfur deficiency came back so I had to start using Epsom salts again.
    Then the guy told me that my problem could either by my water (it was not reverse osmosis) or that my soil was too saturated with nutrients, or I was overwatering, or my soil pH was wrong.
    He sold me Final Phase cleanser and told me to flush my soil, then start over.
    I called Fox Farm and they said to experiment using half the recommended fertilizer dose, the full dose, and slightly more than the full dose in different feedings, with a flush thrown in in between.
    All the while, my marijuana plant is not doing well, and because it was my only plant, I was getting seriously worried and depressed.
    I considered ordering marijuana seeds, or trying to find clones, so I could start over. I could see that having only one plant gave me no parachute if something went wrong.
    Last edited by Dublinskunkfiend; 09-25-2012 at 03:13 PM.

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    Belize
    Liked
    12822 times
    Cont -

Over the following weeks of bloom phase I frantically tried more marijuana nutrients experiments, and it will benefit you to find out how it worked for me.
    The main thing I have to keep emphasizing is that how you deliver nutrition to your marijuana plants ranks almost equal with their genetics when it comes to how heavy your buds are and how much THC you get.
    Or maybe it’s more accurate to say that you can have the world’s best marijuana genetics, but if your plants lack nutrition, you stand to lose the maximum harvest weight and THC potency that those genetics could have delivered.

: Source

set your piggies free
    Status
    Liked
    1167 times
    Quote Originally Posted by martinej View Post
    The grow store guy said it was sulfur deficiency that could be corrected by foliar spraying and root feeding Epsom salts.
    But he said even if I fixed the sulfur deficiency, I would begin to see other problems too.
    The Epsom salts fixed the initial problem, within five days. But then other problems began to show up: purple stems, fringing on the leaves, yellow spots on the leaves.
    These are classic signs of deficiencies or lock-outs in calcium, potassium or phosphorus.
    Was the deficiency caused by lack of the nutrient in the mix or was the ph off or was the medium too dry/wet or......? Different variables.
    You have to know why. Treat the cause not the symptom.
    Last edited by Piggie; 10-27-2012 at 02:40 AM.

Is it 420 Yet?
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    3984 times
    I recommend a little Sea Green, you use 1 mil per gallon and it cures what ails you. Every marijuana plant wants and needs different amounts of nutrients and micro nutrients, this product makes everything absorbed and utilized by the plant much easier and allows you to feed your plant much more.

I'd say you had a PH, overfed some, underfed others nutes. The Sea Green will take care of these pretty much for you, start with a foliar spray of 1/2 mil per gallon and spray them pretty well and you will see a difference in 1-2 days(a good difference) its the best product to come around in many moons. You will have to water them more after using this for a while, I'm in no way affiliated with this but I wish I was. Take care and I hope all is well with you and yours

mal

Status
    Liked
    17 times
    Much of these costs depend on when, where, and how you are growing cannabis. Outdoor expenditure and indoor costs vary from each other. Outdoors costs considerably less due to no electricity. Indoor plants in comparison need quality lighting, buckets and soil, which costs much more.

Status
    Country
    Jamaica
    Liked
    833 times
    Somebody is gonna have to give the dick answer so I'll do it. Learn a lil more about the plant and what she needs. Maybe grow a few out to success even before you, I dunno, think of starting a business doing it? Would you suddenly buy a garage full of tools and call yourself. A mechanic? Put in the time to research your future venture. And think about the endgame. The final product and where that ends up. I wouldn't feel right selling anything but primo medicine to people. Even discounted for less skill would feel wrong. Now, a lil hustle n bustle keeps the ship floating until you get her dialed in, but that's more excess personal than mad ozs at this point of your game.

Now my other thing is while penny pinching saves pennies, give your girls the best and they'll do the same.

Indoor vastly depends on you. Soil medium? Organic or soiless? Amended, bag, custom mix? Rockwool? Coco?
    HID or LED? Maybe CFLs? How many and how big a space? Primo bulbs or cheaper?
    Pots, trays, buckets? Tent or a room? Fans and a/c? From where to where? Do you even need a/c?
    Do you need nutes? If so what line what kind? How's your water? Need RO? Tap or well okay or too high ppms?

Take away the light questions and worry more about pests and privacy for outdoor. And climate. Need a greenhouse? How to power it? Genny or grid? Diesel or gas?

It goes on forever bro. Seeds or cuts? Yield or Potency? Indica or Sativa?

Have fun. If you grow a 3oz plant for under $200 I'll be stoked for you and impressed.

Good luck
    Last edited by Shifty; 09-17-2013 at 09:02 AM.
    Testing Alien Ballz Deep and Kats n Dogs for Sub Rosa

Village Idiot
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    2232 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
    Somebody is gonna have to give the dick answer so I'll do it. Learn a lil more about the plant and what she needs. Maybe grow a few out to success even before you, I dunno, think of starting a business doing it? Would you suddenly buy a garage full of tools and call yourself. A mechanic? Put in the time to research your future venture. And think about the endgame. The final product and where that ends up. I wouldn't feel right selling anything but primo medicine to people. Even discounted for less skill would feel wrong. Now, a lil hustle n bustle keeps the ship floating until you get her dialed in, but that's more excess personal than mad ozs at this point of your game.

Now my other thing is while penny pinching saves pennies, give your girls the best and they'll do the same.

Indoor vastly depends on you. Soil medium? Organic or soiless? Amended, bag, custom mix? Rockwool? Coco?
    HID or LED? Maybe CFLs? How many and how big a space? Primo bulbs or cheaper?
    Pots, trays, buckets? Tent or a room? Fans and a/c? From where to where? Do you even need a/c?
    Do you need nutes? If so what line what kind? How's your water? Need RO? Tap or well okay or too high ppms?

Take away the light questions and worry more about pests and privacy for outdoor. And climate. Need a greenhouse? How to power it? Genny or grid? Diesel or gas?

It goes on forever bro. Seeds or cuts? Yield or Potency? Indica or Sativa?

Have fun. If you grow a 3oz plant for under $200 I'll be stoked for you and impressed.

Good luck
    Well stated & not a dick at all.
    WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK!!!!! _Step Brothers