Terms
Advertise   Support WW    Contact   

Status
    Liked
    34 times
    Hi, all... I used to post here sometimes but then I took a break from growing (and computers). I'm back and getting ready to start growing indoors when I used to mainly be an outdoor guy; nothing pro about it, just a green thumb hobby and, call me paranoid, but I don't like people I don't know growing my herb.

Anyway, some advice for an old man that has never grown indoors: where do I begin with lights? I'm probably only growing 4 plants to start and I'm sure this has already been covered to death but if someone could point me in the right direction by linking the best light thread, I'd sure be appreciative. Already did a Google search and just felt overwhelmed.

Solid.

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    2032 times
    I've always grown indoors, dirt, hydro and all that jazz. The inexpensive "viparsectra" LED's are functional, I've got three different panels from them. I used to use a 1kw hps in a tent, managing the heat was a total bitch.
    Anything you want, anything at all, come to me. I'll be your guardian angel. . . - Juno Reactor

Jetwaterpipes.com

pyptek.com

My Grow

Status
    Liked
    34 times
    Thanks! I'll do some reading up on Viparsectra but I might be better off going for something a bit more expensive since I kind of don't know what I'm doing. It's sort of like that old adage about a beginner guitarist getting the best guitar they can possibly afford since a beat up one that's always going out of tine is likely to overwhelm them out the gate.

Village Idiot
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    2232 times
    Well you're in SoCal like I am so ya need to hit up one of these pot shows that are always happening and gather first hand info from fellow growers. Folks here are normally super friendly and willing to share knowledge with those seeking it. There are some people at shows that wont tell ya shit for one reason or another but in general they are pretty cordial and friendly as stoners tend to be. Rather eat ya than beat ya.
    WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK!!!!! _Step Brothers

Status
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by unmeg View Post
    Well you're in SoCal like I am so ya need to hit up one of these pot shows that are always happening and gather first hand info from fellow growers. Folks here are normally super friendly and willing to share knowledge with those seeking it. There are some people at shows that wont tell ya shit for one reason or another but in general they are pretty cordial and friendly as stoners tend to be. Rather eat ya than beat ya.
    That's a great idea - I have been to a few cons but not really grower-specific. Any good ones coming up?