Terms | WW Apps Advertise   Support WW    Contact   

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Fuck sunshine advanced mix #4!!!!

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    1277 times
    Weed Buck$
    Pin It!
    Salts, PH, or High PPMs could be the culprit...Ran into it with Mix #2 a couple years back... Now I try n flush ALL my soil, let it sit n then test the run off... I hope you bounce back!!! ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.
    Quote Originally Posted by theduns View Post
    i will start this thread by saying, FUCK SUNSHINE ADVANCED MIX #4.... i have just lost soooo many seedlings of my testers to something to do with the soil... FML. any plant that i used Sunshine Advanced #4 as medium for transplanting has went limp and died. i have lost 1 SASS from Illuminati (leaving 1 left), 1 Pesticide (leaving 1 left), 2 Reptilian OG's (3 left), and 2 Loompa Moondawg F2's.... i USUALLY ony fuck with Pro-Mix HP, but they were out and i was reccomended that... wish i just waited . I have re-transplanted a few into Pro-Mix, hopefully they survive... what i dont get is what caused it? i didnt see any mold or anything... but EVERY seedling that had that as a medium went limp and died within 2 days.... now off to update all my test threads with this unfortunate incident.... I REPEAT DO NOT USE SUNSHINE ADVANCED MIX #4!!!! it ruins peoples lives.

Ameri-canna
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    3989 times
    Weed Buck$
    Pin It!
    Quote Originally Posted by T1420 View Post
    Salts, PH, or High PPMs could be the culprit...Ran into it with Mix #2 a couple years back... Now I try n flush ALL my soil, let it sit n then test the run off... I hope you bounce back!!! ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.
    There's a new-ish bagged soil in MI called "Potters Gold." My brief experience with it has been fantastic. It's a really, really light, peat-based soil, moderately charged, perfect for vegging and using as a base for amendments. I've picked up few books on soil mixing, though, and I think that's the direction I'm headed, i.e., mixing my own substrate. I want more definite control and consistency over my medium than I've been getting with bagged products.
    mal, theduns, funkmonk and 2 others like this.

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    13941 times
    Weed Buck$
    Pin It!
    Ill be doing a side by side with it. The other will be Michigan Marijana Mix Vs "Potters Gold. Both Mi companies. I just got 4 bags of the MMM and my boy owns a store that asked me to try thier trials the rep is dropping off. Sweet deal. Funk off
    Quote Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
    There's a new-ish bagged soil in MI called "Potters Gold." My brief experience with it has been fantastic. It's a really, really light, peat-based soil, moderately charged, perfect for vegging and using as a base for amendments. I've picked up few books on soil mixing, though, and I think that's the direction I'm headed, i.e., mixing my own substrate. I want more definite control and consistency over my medium than I've been getting with bagged products.
    Funk Monk

Ameri-canna
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    3989 times
    Weed Buck$
    Pin It!
    Quote Originally Posted by funkmonk View Post
    Ill be doing a side by side with it. The other will be Michigan Marijana Mix Vs "Potters Gold. Both Mi companies. I just got 4 bags of the MMM and my boy owns a store that asked me to try thier trials the rep is dropping off. Sweet deal. Funk off
    Excellent! My own expectations: I don't expect Potters Gold will hold up to MMM in flower, simply because MMM is supercharged. The Potters Gold is a basic premium potting soil. I'll end up adding amendments to it for my flower mix.

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    229 times
    Weed Buck$
    Quote Originally Posted by funkmonk View Post
    that michigan marijuana mix is awesome. when i started making my own soil i would buy bags of MMM to use while i waited for my soil to cook and i always had amazing results. its just too pricey to use for everything at like $40 a bag. maybe in MI its cheaper tho.

but back to the topic. i dont know why the sunshine mix would give problems like that as its just peat moss, coco and perlite right??? ive had a ton of problems with light warrior with getting deficiencies every time that i just started making my own light mix with 50% peat moss 25% compost/ EWC mix and 25% perlite/pumice and a little bit of kelp and have been having success with it since but i always have problems keeping seedlings healthy.. maybe i overwater when theyre in cups but once they start getting funky i transplant to like a half gallon bag and they take off from there. but still i usually lose a couple. only sometimes do i have 100% success. but honestly its cuz i have so much going on its hard to give them the attention they need. so its more a neglect thing.

try a few different ways until you get it right but making your own little mix of peat, compost, castings and perlite will always work im sure.
    IrishMediFarmer, mal, Vet and 3 others like this.

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    13941 times
    Weed Buck$
    Pin It!
    Agreed on the $ of the MMM, but the prices on nutes is getting out of hand. Never cheap to give them ladies the best, to get the best. I cant stay in one place when it comes to soils, lol. My wife hates it cause I always have different bags of soils coming in. I have to throw away the ones I dont care for, but the hoader in me wont'. LOL. I put some Fire starters, Iruakanji, Clusterfunk into 1-2 gallon bags to start the side by side. I will only feed water majority of the time. Once a week they get a shot of sea green, Thrive alive B1 and some funk love. Ill post some flicks when they start growing. I did put a 1-2 inch buffer zone between the super soils, so the roots wont start off in hot soil. Funk on
    Funk Monk

Weed Watcher
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    366 times
    Weed Buck$
    Pin It!
    I really like my mix of Fox Farms soils. So do the plants.. I've heard good things about the MMM though, but no way in hell I'm paying $40 a bag.. Fuuuuk that... I got 2 bags of OF and a bag of HF today and it was $45..

Status
    Liked
    110 times
    Weed Buck$
    Damn it sounds like you guys get raped for soil prices. I get Black Gold @ $11 a bag... Maybe you guys mean bigger bags? The Black Gold I get is awesome, I usually just do really simple mixes with it with no real amendments and just scratch everything into the top of the soil but I'm gonna be changing it up when I get back indoors in the next couple months here.. Gonna be doin some really nice mixes and postin my results up, but def starting with Black Gold as a base cuz that stuff has always done me right.

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    6 times
    Weed Buck$
    Damn, I knew there was something with that soil. I've been losing seedlings for the last month. Thanks for the tip on the pre-soak. What pH do you get it to?

Ameri-canna
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    3989 times
    Weed Buck$
    Pin It!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusCannabis View Post
    Damn, I knew there was something with that soil. I've been losing seedlings for the last month. Thanks for the tip on the pre-soak. What pH do you get it to?
    Standard pH for cannabis seems to be 5.3-6.3, with optimal pH at about 5.8. This is for hydroponic application and for use with unbuffered substrate, though.

Using organics in organic soil, I don't really worry about pH, for the most part: Buffers in the soil (like dolomitic lime) bring a wayward pH back into line. I've gone as low as pH 3.2 without adjusting pH and have had spectacular results.
    funkmonk and Dublinskunkfiend like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast