Thread: Turkey Baster BHO Extractor

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    5 times
    Weed Buck$
    Pin It!
    Just a quick para on how to put together a safe BHO extractor.
    --Supplies--
    1- SS turkey Baster (must be stainless steel) I got mine on Amazon for 8 bucks, 2 day shipping total was roughly 12 dollars.
    2- Gold colored permenant coffee filter. Can buy at Lowes or Home Depot
    3- Small hose clamp.
    4- 16 penny nail or something equiv in circumference..

Pull the rubber knob off the baster. Cut the screen from the coffee filter and make a square roughly 3"x3". Next; take the screen lay it flat on a table. Place the fat end of the baster in the center. Pull two opposite sides up; then the other two. kinda the same way you would a Christmas present. Now take the hose clamp and put it on via the needle end of the baster and clamp it down molding the screen into shape. Once the screen has been pressed into shape you can remove it. It is now the shape it needs to be and will stay that way.
    The needle end will stay on and we will take a 16 penny nail and ream the hole out just a tad so the nozzle of the vector butane can will fit. Make sure "not" to ream the needle nozzle too much as this will allow butane to back gas and leak out the edge by the needle hole. Honestly, once you have made/attached the screen and reamed the needle hole out your done! Yep that fricken easy. I will put together a detailed BHO extraction tutorial that involves no fire to heat and is almost explosive free lol.. Hope this helps.. Peace
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PDX420Grower and spaceface like this.

Mod
    Status
    Liked
    292 times
    Weed Buck$
    Pin It!
    Nice man. I saw a guy the other day using pvc :/ but thats cheap and effective haha. Have you done any runs with it yet or one similar before?

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    5 times
    Weed Buck$
    Quote Originally Posted by mazarxnl View Post
    Nice man. I saw a guy the other day using pvc :/ but thats cheap and effective haha. Have you done any runs with it yet or one similar before?
    Yeah, I have made quiet a few rounds now with the Baster and it is perfect bro. One can per tube keeps it simple and if you take your time and not let it freeze up, it will give you at least a gram per 12 grams of dry product. I even get a little over a gram with bud; of course bud being all I use for the most part. I will have to re check weights but I think those figures are pretty close if not more yield then a gram.
    I have a friend that uses pvc and my first extractor was pvc as well. Looked too much like a friken pipe b so I gave it away lol. The turkey Baster is perfect though as it is small and compact, easy to break down for cleaning and very easy to store. My extreme thanx to who ever came up with this great little invention.
    Anyone else use the BHO? Anyone see the big difference in health after using it? I eat it and smoke it and am seeing and feeling a huge boost in my health.

Mod
    Status
    Liked
    292 times
    Weed Buck$
    Pin It!
    Ive done it a couple times but prefer bubble or iso for the small amounts. That and i cant find any butane thats pure enough to fuck with. And my little hand held vacuum pump bit the dust about a year ago and ive yet to get the money to get a new one.

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    5 times
    Weed Buck$
    Ive done it a couple times but prefer bubble or iso for the small amounts. That and i cant find any butane thats pure enough to fuck with. And my little hand held vacuum pump bit the dust about a year ago and ive yet to get the money to get a new one.
    Was speaking with a friend of mine and he was telling me if you vacuum purge into a sealed container you are only recontaminating that jar it sits in? Don't know if there is any truth to it but it does make sense. He told me the trick to a good vacuum purge is to use a constant draw vacuum pump. Similar to the types I use for refrigeration or anything that can hold a vacuum while releasing the solvent out and away from the jar.. Just a thought. Peace

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    5 times
    Weed Buck$
    Pin It!
    2hoursoflowheat.jpgbhoheater.jpg
    Low heat and a little time; the gases will leave the medium...

Mod
    Status
    Liked
    292 times
    Weed Buck$
    Pin It!
    Dont get me wrong i love bho. It gets me higher than anything else. Its just so damn hard to find butane pure enough to use here.

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    5 times
    Weed Buck$
    Dont get me wrong i love bho. It gets me higher than anything else. Its just so damn hard to find butane pure enough to use here.
    True that maz. "Vector" x5 filterd is the only butane I use and if I din't have that I probably wouldn't mess with it.

Mod
    Status
    Liked
    292 times
    Weed Buck$
    Pin It!
    Guess i need to hit up a headshop or something to find it