0 times
    Weed Buck$
    Blue Trickle
    05-16-17 BT Side.jpg s05-16-17 BT Top.jpg
    Polar Express
    05-16-17 PX Side.jpg
    05-16-17 PX Top.jpg
    Rhino Rider
    Note: she is still so small, this is the best way to show her.
    05-16-17 RR Top.jpg

These were taken this morning and they are 41 days from sprouting. Any suggestions, comments, observations Etc are more than welcome. In fact... The more the merrier

Village Idiot
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    2232 times
    Weed Buck$
    Well you're growin so to me thats a positive. Soil is a very important and overlooked item for growing as well as a pot. I like to drill holes around the base of the container about 1-2 inches up to aid drainage and oxygen exchange. With autos you are gonna want to have as many of the tweaks already worked out since you dont have much time.
    My suggestions are better soil, air pots, and most of all try to listen to some info on auto flowers. Myself I am not big on them so my help is limited. I do feel that you could grow a nice short hybrid or indica just the same. No matter what happens I look forward to helping and watching your plants.
    OH YEA Osprey is right about the the D. earth on most soft bodied insects and the overwatering in my opinion.
    136192.jpg
    WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK!!!!! _Step Brothers

Status
    Liked
    0 times
    Weed Buck$
    You are right, Unmeg. Do need to have the tweaks worked out for your grow. This being my first grow, and the challenge of blindness, these things will be learned with experience, I'm afraid. I appreciate all of you guys helping me out through this.
    Also, according to my research the soil is equally as important for photos or autos. Do you, by chance, has a simple, effective soil recipe that you wouldn't mind sharing? In my research and reading, I did learn about some of these little buggers. Sand contains Celica, which is its basic building block. Therefore, when the insects come into contact with it, it's scrapes their exterior and allows the silica to enter their bodies and literally desiccate them, or drive them out from the inside. Do to my 15+ years of structural pest control experience, that made sense to me, along with the fact that we were very careful to get a pesticide that contains no synthetic active ingredients. The active ingredient in this particular one is a naturally occurring oil that coats their bodies, a lot like and Ivory soap and water solution, and literally suffocates them. I could go into detail, but I don't think that's really necessary now. The oil also acts as an insect growth regulator that affects the other forms of the insect as it develops into an adult. Therefore, in effect, you are giving them a double whammy that should not harm the plant in any way. I am leaving the soil to dry for a couple of days or so. Between the sand, pesticide and no watering, that should reduce the population at least quite drastically. I'l be feeding using a spray bottle for the next couple days and then give them a good direct water and feeding. Hopefully that will be an end to this chapter of the grow.

Opinions, please...

Village Idiot
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    2232 times
    Weed Buck$
    Neem oil is a great all around foliar additive to your plants against bugs, preventive. As for a soil mix, wow thats a total individual preference. You may want to contact a local nursery and see what they have around that isnt HOT. I like a lot of perlite in my soil almost soilless if ya will. The biggest thing with soil mix is how hot it is for the roots and most commercial blends do run a bit hot as they dont seem to compost as long as they should. Soil has to hold moisture and air along with all them important microbes that allow for healthy roots and structure.

Status
    Liked
    0 times
    Weed Buck$
    What is the advantage to using almost all perlite? I understand the drainage and water retention properties of it, but how do you grow in that type of medium? I will check with my local garden stores to check on this soil and the attitude. Just wish I had a clue as to how to really build it... I'll get to reading.

Solid.

Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    2032 times
    Weed Buck$
    Cannabis likes aerated soil. I've succumbed to the urge to have more dirt because more dirt means "more food for the plant". If the dirt doesn't drain though, the plant is drowning in food. It's a balance. I've killed so many plants with home brew dirt and too much gusto. Having to water more often is a very good thing. It draws the salts left from the evaporation out. It balances the PH, if you PH the solution. It oxygenates too.
    Anything you want, anything at all, come to me. I'll be your guardian angel. . . - Juno Reactor

Jetwaterpipes.com

pyptek.com

My Grow

Status
    Liked
    0 times
    Weed Buck$
    Hmmmm... that really makes sense to me. I think I'll have to do some research on that as well. Maybe find a good balance for what I can do growing wise. I've also heard good things about the fox Barnes family of products. Do you or anyone know if they are completely organic? Or are there salt in them that need to be flushed?

Status
    Liked
    0 times
    Weed Buck$
    Imagine that... Two phone calls and I have my soil and nutrients set up for the next grow. The local garden shop has a soil that contains just about everything you would need already to at least get the plants to the blooming cycle. The 2 cu. Ft. bag even has a picture of a marijuana leaf on it! LOL
    Once blooming starts, then the Fox Farms nutrients should be good to get through blooming. Yes, I know I will have to flush for the last two weeks of blooming. Now... I have to find either my pH meter or get some litmus paper.

Village Idiot
    Status
    Country
    United States
    Liked
    2232 times
    Weed Buck$
    Ph meters are cheap now days but litmus works lol. Sounds like your next grow is already gonna be an improvement so thumbs up you're growing indoors
    Fox Farm is a great product or it was, now you may want to start off a lil light on the nutes like 1/2 what the say maybe less. They want to sell more not grow more lol so look out for your ladies as they will not. Happy growing.

Status
    Liked
    0 times
    Weed Buck$
    Thanks for the heads up. In all of my research and reading, which with soils has not been much admittedly comma Fox Farms is always positively spoken of. My only concern is it is a chemical based product, and with this oil I had found, I am now thinking of going organic with those as well any recommendations? Mostly for Blooming, though. Remember, these are autos and the base soil will get them to Blooming stage without a problem.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123